Has anyone got rid of their visuals?

morbide

This is my 6th day.... It is like 0.5mg of klono, to me. Less anxious and a small, but noticable reduction in visual snow.

It might be a placebo, but fingers crossed. Cheap, non addictive and good for you!

I was just looking at the news and it was about a new medecine developed by a swedish nobel-price winner to treat fatigue for ME and stroke patients. It regulates the dopamine levels in the brain.

I din't catch the name of the medecine but it was just a mix of letters and numbers. Maybe it could have effect hppd since it affects dopamine levels, any thoughts?

http://www.goteborgdaily.se/life-science-living/meet-arvid-gothenburg-s-nobel-prize-winner

here is the article, but it doesnt mention the name but i thinkits only a temporaly name not a brand name so dont care^^

sounds really good but this would also only be a treatment not a cure!

and as for every new drug study, nobody knows the longterm effects or sideeffects.

if the underlying cause is not discovered(e.g genedefect or whatever) you cant find a cure.

as long as my symptoms dont get worse i can live with them without medication.

remember no medication without sideeffects and they mostly outweigh the positive effects.

but this new medication seems tobe developed because of the longterm effects of L-dopa so lets see in 2016 or later when these pills are available.

but i imagine in 2016 i will have forgotten what a normal vision looks like completly^^

i personally think the main cure is probably councilling or something, as well as medications that regulate dopamine levels and stuff like that

im pretty sure hppd is mostly anxiety based, get rid of the anxiety, get rid of the visuals! hence the positive effect benzos have

i read somewhere that all flashbacks and hppd are caused by the brain reverting back to an lsd (or other) state because something triggers it to do so by reminding it of it something like that i'm terrible at repeating things...

for me i licked my teeth, and my tongue and teeth blended together as 1 (something that i did the day i had my bad trip after id come down, that caused me to come up for afew minutes) and it caused me to have a very strong flashback, and the anxiety that came from it made me unable to get it out of my head, so it kept happening etc etc etc

Sounds foul. Did u read my new thread. I cant decide if I had a seizure a panic attack or a flashback. Either way im goin to ge senimet or whatever it is and some valium this week incase i t happens again. Im also with u on ptsd. Im not crazy, im an intellegent usually strong minded dude, bi polar but sane. Something is now in my brain that wasnt there before the drugs. If I can find it and over come it. Surely I will be fixed, or atleast not anxious. Iv noticed im now scared of drugs and dont like discussing them. So il try get to a shrink and work it out

yeah i just read it actually, i think it probably was abit of both, did you get any visuals? all my panic attacks these days are also flashbacky hppd type things too, as theyre panic attacks ABOUT flashbacks aha, so visuals come too.

just try and find a way of dealing with the panic, and try as hard as possible to ignore it

or yh valium :P

and aah another person with pre existing mental conditions ! another thing that makes me think its all caused by our way of thinking!

Na my visuals during and after returned to what il call waking up level. Bright bright flashing visual snow upon waking that over time has reduced. It used to be like haf an hour now its like 30 seconds before it fades. In saying that after a nights sleep after the attack iv had like hardly any visuals, just felt weak and a bit paranoid as u would ha.

Yeah well I did wonder if the fact im scotlands answer to ian curtis has effected my hppd or gave me it. The depression from hppd is mad though, iv been suicidal many a time but hppd...depressed me beyond suicide where I felt soo bad death wouldnt even help.

Getting to sleep causes me some trouble sometimes, I feel vunerable when drifting off and get pranged out sometimes and the cevs piss me off. Need to find a spoon haha...or just bucket loads of valium. I have tramadol and zopiclone I used for fun before hppd but iv heard they have negative effects

yh tramadol isnt good i dont think but i dno what zopiclone is ? wat is it?

hav u tried like valerian and things like that, they really can just take the edge off things and make it easier to sleep etc

i used to take herbal sleepin tabs when i had insomnia from the hppd, just helped me relax into sleep much more easily

finding a bucket load of valium would be brill, i occasionally fantisise about being at boots or somewhere and one of the the pharmacists leaving a big box of it unattended for a lil while lol

Zopiclone is some mad sleeping pill my mate gave me haha. I never tried one, was too scared. Where would u go about gettin valarian root? Iv heard of it.

Thatd be amasing haha. Im lucky my mate has a silkroad account so it was like free access to any drugs we wanted..probably why im in this mess tbh. Are u not able to get valium?

aah i right i see, im scared of sleepin pills too, just made it worse when i had 1, but then i did just pass out so i guess it still worked lol

and you can get valerian in holland and barrat i think, in pill form or you can get it as a tea, its also in herbal nytol

yeah i can buy it but free valium would be nice haha and i cant get prescribed it

Thats what freaked me with sleeping pills apparently its like lala feel fine. Slightly drowsy...collapse. Il try get to holland and barret and see whst they have to offer.

Aah right. How come they wont give u it. Was gunna say add my fb and I woulda helped u out but if u can already buy it no point. I hope my doctor listens to me. Hes a fuckin idiot. I broke my knee bmxing and he told me to take paracetomol and rest until 7 weeks later he sent me for an mri

yeah deffo get a new doctor

and because a drug history as well as personality disorder = extreme risk of addiction lol

when i took a sleeping pill because hppd was worse than ever and keeping me awake i just ended up feeling really heavy, but that meant that i got the extreme feeling of falling whenever i closed my eyes, or sinking into the bed (like on acid kind of how u can feel like you're blending into objects you touch) just made it all worse until it kicked in strong enough to knock me out haha

Yeah i can't relax when i take sedative pills, first time i took the anxiety reducers i'm on now i read on the package that 1 person out of 100000 experience heart-failure, that freaked me out so much becouse i was so sure i would have a heart attack...