being around (living) with drugs and alcohol?

martifer

How do you deal with being around drugs and alcohol? All my friends drink, smoke, roll, blow down, etc. Im sure yours do too. I live in a fraternity house. I'm starting to doubt my ability to just not partake in stuff and thinking of moving out somewhere. On new years i swore off EVERYTHING, and was successful for awhile. But since then i've realized that drugs have slowly seeped back into my life... a klon here... a toke there.... then a ritalin... then a couple beers.... then ten beers.. and so on.

Is it possible to hang with all your drinking/druggy friends and just be OK with not doing the shit they are? I dont know anymore.

u just gotta re evaluate ur position and realise if u want a shot at getting better u either cut it out or forget it. thats what iv done. all my mates go mental with everything, iv just not seen them or when iv been there abstained. i dont wanna be like this my whole fuckin life, im 19 and my heads like soup. try think of drug times as then and now is a new chapter to write. wev had our fun but nows the time to wake up and sort shit out a bit so we dont go totally nuts

idk man i drink occasionally (3-4 beers tops though, i think avoiding a hangover is important), and i know klon isnt hurting me so i partake if available (in moderation of course, a few times a month tops) but as far as all my friends who id just chill with to burn? yeah i dont really chill with em anymore...i chill with my real friends, i slowly realized that all i had in common with those other people were the drugs...although i cant help but think about all the new people and experiences i missed out on you know? but the rest of my life is more important.

And yeah mannn id definitely leave the frat house. Although i guess your problem with klon is like mine...it kills your inhibitions and you do drugs...i feel ya, same boat.

I've definitely come to realize who my real friends are, and have come to find some new ones. But it's very disappointing finding out how much drugs defined your relationship with some people.... and how that connection is simply not there anymore. Anyway yeah my whole social life it seems is still based around alcohol though so i still get absolutely shitfaced at least like twice a week. its definitely not helping...

Yeah man i feel ya...all my friends back home just go to a neighborhood park and pass a blunt and i just stand there feeling awkward, but it's w.e...you dont have to get shitfaced man, noone is gonna notice whether youre wasted or not...get a bit faded but dont go over the line...try to say away from shots, drink water, etc...

i actually tell all my friends about hppd and most of them pretty much are sympathetic. i feel like its the ones that havent done drugs that just dont understand. but everyone who's rolled or tripped is like, i feel you man that shit can fuck with your head just take it easy. i even tell my friends not to let me smoke when im black out lol... but i still sometimes end up stealing the blunt when no ones looking and getting a few tokes in when im in alcohol or klon mode.

yea I've actually lost a decent amount of friends cause I don't do drugs anymore. It really is a shame, I kind of knew we were mostly friends cause of drugs but it's awkward when it's thrown in your face like that. They all still try and kick it, and invite me out and stuff but we're just not on the same vibe anymore. One day though.........I'll get over all this HPPD/DP/DR and the black knight shall ride again.....mark my words. One day........