Another weekend night spend doing sweet F A

2muchmandy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sat at home thinking the same thing! All friends are out on the piss. This is sometimes where I think hppd is making my life tougher than the tiredness/ head pressure all week... drinking lets me forget about it all for a bit.

I don't know the answer, I'm hoping to try and change my social activities to mix in with groups less drink orientated, not many people that way inclined here in the uk though. My parents are out also and I'm here on my tod waiting for motd to start!

Have been out a few times and done a sober one, I havent found it that great but I know a couple of people who dont drink (not hppd related) and go to bars and seem alright with it.

Think I'll do this for a few months if poss and then maybe just go to drinking moderately when out if things are still difficult socially by not boozing

Its definately a huuuge aspect, the head pressure the DR all that shit, but the fact of being sober is possibly the worst symptom on all.

Im with you, i used to drink fairly heavily but in return i was pretty stress free, now im snappy, on edge and constantly stressed.

As you say us brits dont do tee total very well, i live in north scotland, there is NOTHING to do bar drink. I too hope im almost cured in a few months and can hit the stella again.

It is painful sometimes, I'd love a few beers tonight. BUT I've had sessions in the last few months where the next day the hangover has been awful and the hppd amped up and then I swear to myself that's it, i'll stay sober and get over this.

Its tough to find things to do at weekend evenings if you don't have a partner, last night I went over to my mates for a mix (Dnb fan here as well) which is good fun but it is good to get out to the pub at a weekend

How do u find the hangover? Is it worsened visuals or DR and anxiety that gets bad? Also when drinking do the visuals get worse? The visuals are what scare me most.

Sweet man, cant beat a cheeky live mix. What producers are u into?

Also i keep tryna change my display pic but it isnt showing up :S

Brain fog is a lot worse, also feel very very drowsy and depressed. DP/ DR not too bad. Just everything feels worse plus low mood/ no energy. It just seems like all the hard work I put in on diet/ exercise during the week has been wasted by getting smashed on one evening.

I notice the visuals less, mine aren't overly strong anyway. Visuals worse on the hangover, after images etc.

Dnb- I like all style's; metalheadz- hospital.. I'm a big calibre fan.. I like a lot of the tunes coming out on 'ingredients' records recently.. krakota etc.. How about you? What do you mix on?

Hmm sounds, less than ideal I guess il just need to experiment and see if i can handle it, iv heard horror stories about hppd and ganja causing acid like trips so il leave the brocolli out :/

metalheadz and hospital i like, over the years soo many good tunes have come out of them. never heard of ingredients, whos on them?

im into alot of jump up/jungle. ganja records, so like. Dj hazard, Dillinja ( i saw last month ) sub zero, im seeing congo natty in may.

Quite into bassweight aswell, shit on shogun records, like S.P.Y. total science, need for mirrors

As of yet im building my 12" collection and will probably buy decks next month, i just bought another beemer so im skint.

Do u mix?

I've smoked weed a couple of times since hppd and its not good, I dont miss it at all mind.

I like a bit of jump up, hazard and original sin. spy as well.

I saw congo natty last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. They've had so many classic tunes and tracks you've forgotted about, proper jungle!

have mixed for a quite a few years now, prob got about 200 records. I bought a cdj few months ago and is great to have tracks for a quid or free but it is all about vinyl for me though. Just if you seldom play out buying records is pricey so I just download now.. but keep on with the vinyls- nothing like getting a fresh batch of records in!

I know how you feel. I still get invited to parties and stuff from time to time but it's just not the same having to be sober all the time and stuff. For the past 5 or 6 months all I do is sit around and do homework and mess on the computer.....one positive thing though I've gotten back into guitar and gotten a lot better than I used to be. I kinda lost interest in learning new stuff after getting real into drugs.....it was just a hassle to sit around watching videos on theory and stuff but since I've got mroe alone time I've gotten back into it.

I do still get laid though.....which is good.....I just never party or anything anymore. In all honesty though I'm not crazy about huge groups of people.

ah yeah original sin has made a few absolute bangers like. congo natty for me sums up jungle, hes soo cool in his image and what he represents, plus his tunes are absolute stompers. it really is a shame vinyl is so expensive but theres something satisfying about having a proper record collection. my friend iv known since childhood is getting big now. renegade, hes on radio one a fair bit, gets played by hype and hazard. hes just released an EP on smokin riddims i believe. u find mixing on wax or cdj harder? im eagre to start

its shit innit Gmo. i dont play guitar as much as i used to, im into babyshambles and the libertines so id sit with a bottle of gin and strum away, now i have no motivation. how old are u btw? u must be younger than me if u have homework

I chatted to him briefly after his set and was a really sound, humble guy. Just listened to a couple of your friends tunes on youtube, good production. Definately with the vinyl, don't sell your records either once you buildd up a collection. I know people who have and regretted it.

I only used a cdj last year for first time. Its the same concept as a deck, just different responsiveness, same principles though.

I'd say learn on vinyl first but as I was on wax for so long I cant say which is hardest as havent started from scratch with a cdj.

One you learn to mix you can mix on anything though, the responsiveness is different from a gemini to a tecchnic and again to a cdj but they all do the same thing, a plate/ jog wheel and a pitch on them all.

Yeah, i got a bit drunk last night, my head definitely feels weird today, and i felt pretty fuckin nauseous, even into the late morning, ive noticed no real worsening of symptoms though...honestly hppd doesnt bother me on most days, it's just somethin i deal with, but there do come times when it bums me the fuck out when i start feeling like i need to get fucked up...on those times i find it better to go out and have a few beers or take a xany or two just to get my positive mental state back, otherwise i start dwelling on this shit too much, and i spiral downward...kinda like a reset button you know what i mean?

Yeah, i got a bit drunk last night, my head definitely feels weird today, and i felt pretty fuckin nauseous, even into the late morning, ive noticed no real worsening of symptoms though...honestly hppd doesnt bother me on most days, it's just somethin i deal with, but there do come times when it bums me the fuck out when i start feeling like i need to get fucked up...on those times i find it better to go out and have a few beers or take a xany or two just to get my positive mental state back, otherwise i start dwelling on this shit too much, and i spiral downward...kinda like a reset button you know what i mean?

@piper83.......yea I've definitely noticed improvement it's just so gradual I don't really notice it unless I consciously think and compare the way I feel now to how I felt 6 months ago. I've got a lot less social anxiety and just feel more motivated to do stuff overall, I just still don't feel comfortable around a whole bunch of people.

@2muchmandy.....I'm 21 I'm a Junior at University right now so my school work keeps me somewhat busy, which is a good thing I suppose.

deffo wouldnt sell my collection, its only got like 10 in it just now. but iv got 3 ltd editions already,. coloured vinyl is boss

iv checked those tracks and pmed u back btw. that serum mix is an absolute stomper

ah ur 2 years older than me then Gmo. im 19 on the 30th.

I've only tried it once and it flipped me out.... hearing voices/noises and stuff, I think I did too much. I was nodding in and out, like on opiates

I have some suboxone, once I am used to it and don't get nausea as much, i'll try for a hangover cure too.

i do still get pissed but i probably shouldnt it brings out the worst in me sometimes. but i just cant picture and entirely sober life and i dont really take drugs any more. i do regret it though sometimes. got fucked up on friday night and regretted it the next day D: