Has anyone tried any herbs?

• 6 months later...

i tried gingko but didnt have much effect, tho being a skinflint i bought it as bulk leaves to have as tea, which is not very nice, so maybe i didnt giv it a good enough try. Also tried ashgawandha - not much effect but a nice night time drink (teaspoon of powder, plus teaspoon of turmeric, sweeten with stevia or xylitol, add milk or cream, mmmm.) Tried another herb which is quite nice but no effect, cant remember its name, think it is a bark, used to kill candida, tastes a bit licoricey but milder, red colour. Gotu kola - no effect, siberian ginseng - no effect. I remember as a teenager when the brain fog started (pre hppd) i went to a herbalist who gave me some concoction that did bugger all but made me smell of meat.

• Upvote 1

L tyrosine is a supplement that help the body make more dopamine I take it, it has some positive effects but it doesn't pass the blood brain barrier, it just gives you the potential to make more. It helps a little with the visuals. Worth a shot and fish oil for brain fog is a helper, theanine and valerian are natures k pin.

• Upvote 2

Valerian works really well. Fish oil seems like you have to take a lot consistently for real results, however after a few months of it my head pressure was effectively cured. St. Johns Wort is great. However, it does seem to get less effective over time for me. I take it now and notice no real benefit compared to when I first started taking it. I take a wide variety of supplements, so it is hard to say for sure what works and what does not.

• Upvote 1