New to this, wondering what to think

kodyaanisqatsi

I did acid for the first time a few weeks ago. Only one hit, though I tripped pretty hard. I didnt plan on doing it again but a friend talked me into doing half a hit with him. The second time I had a wonderful, very vilifying experience- the very sort of thing you take acid to experience. However, I noticed that I felt very strangely for the next few days. Primarily I was worried that I had permanently damaged my cognitive skills- particularly my ability to enjoy/create music was diminished. I also noticed very trivial but still noticeable visual disturbances, such as some motions having what I understand to be somewhat of a "tracer" effect, though it was more like an image would sort of stall out halfway through motion- very hard to describe. I also would find myself sometimes feeling disconnected/depressed but I convinced myself that I was forcing myself to feel this way. Also I would have a hard time looking into portraits/photos without feeling like the faces were having slight movements. However these feelings diminished over the course of the last 3 weeks, and I can say that I have been feeling very normally, especially mentally.

But- I find these feelings were/are intensified when I drink or particularly when I smoke weed. I have been a pretty heavy cannabis user for about a year and a half and I drink fairly regularly (I should mention that i'm 19). I have been taking it very easy with these substances but I find that, as most of you may know, they can be a hard habit to break. Which brings me to my point- I smoked the first considerable amount of weed since the other night and I feel that since then the symptoms have returned or worsened a bit. While I have not experienced any "Visual snow", when I first focus on objects (ceiling,carpet,faces of pictures) I feel as though they may have a slight motion to them, though there are generally so subtle I cant be very sure. Unfortunately I did not look up any of this until today, for fear of scaring myself, and I have discovered what I have may be a mild case of hppd. I was wondering if anyone can relate to cases such as mine, and offer advice or tell me what to expect.

I realize that this is not mind or life altering, and that my case seems to be trivial in comparison to some, but i am glad to see that there are supportive communities like this. I have decided to abstain from marijuana completely until I feel that my case has diminished or disappeared. Hopefully this will have a positive impact on my life. thanks.

Sounds like your doing the right things man. I wish i had of payed attention to what my mind was doing when i first started getting hppd.

For me I got it when i was 18 after having 3 trips of srooms 3 weeks in a row. I first noticed VS that night when i was coming down. The next day things were moving and dp/dr started I didn't have VS then though. They started to get better again for only a month or so. I continued smoking and drinking during this time (can't remember if i had other drugs but may of). After a few months it did start to get worse again. A lot of VS, brain fog, poor memory, dp/dr all the works. It probably took 4 months after the trip to fully kick in. I felt like i was making my self feel like this too as i kept focussing on different symptoms, staring at things and thought I had just made it worse.

Now I don't want to scare you too much so a nice story to go with it too. Around the same time i got my hppd my older brother had such a fucking mad trip on srooms by the sound of it. I have never herd of any one hallucinating so much. He then for the next month had bad anxiety, things moving and some mild hppd symptoms. He didn't smoke and drink after this and after a couple months his symptoms cleared up

Your doing the right things so far. Keep it up and hopefully all will clear up

• Upvote 1

Like rrab said you seem to be handling it very well. I'm in a similar boat. Mildish visuals with a little bit of DP/DR sprinkled in there. I started noticing slight morphing/moving of objects after an acid trip but i ignored it. Found out about hppd and quit acid, but i kept doing molly. After my last roll i got pretty much what you described - disconnected for a little while. Then i quit weed - the best move i ever made.

After about 2 months of not smoking i decided, fuck it, im gonna take one big-ish hit from a blunt. Had a panic attack, but didn't notice any immediate worsening of symptoms. But that shit creeps up on you. Over the past couple of weeks my symptoms have very slowly gotten worse and i attribute that to that one hit. But maybe its the alcohol. I dont know. But never again.

If you do ever choose to smoke again, which isnt advisable... i'd at least test the waters first by smoking a little and then abstaining for a week or two. That way, all other things held equal, you know if it's making things worse. But - thats still risky business. Dp/Dr is nothing to fuck with (and it sounds like you're prone to that).

Acid is a bitch of a drug. Def do not fuck with it. These drugs will fry your brain and leave you to die a slow agonizing death. Drop them all and get a new hobby, you'll thank yourself years later.

You know... even though drugs did this to our brains, i still dont look at them in a negative light. Like, when one of my friends says "Hey im gonna try acid" i dont necessarily try to hold them back, but i do tell them about my story. Drugs have the potential for wonderful times and insights.... but yeah - at some level you're playing russian roulette. but it's the.... what... like <1% of drug users that develop hppd. i just blame the predisposition we all have. fuck genetics.

Nah, alot of people get visual distortions, but HPPD is fuckin rare man...I cant not recommend drugs just because im predisposed to HPPD, i actually suffered from head pressure in middle school which caused some brain fog, got a bunch of tests done and shit, it wasnt til i started doin shrooms that shit improved...ironic huh

Nah, alot of people get visual distortions, but HPPD is fuckin rare man...I cant not recommend drugs just because im predisposed to HPPD, i actually suffered from head pressure in middle school which caused some brain fog, got a bunch of tests done and shit, it wasnt til i started doin shrooms that shit improved...ironic huh

looking back on my child hood, i had very mild DP experiences. i know what they are now.