Lamictal, and many other meds experience

So i wanted to say that I have been dealing with this since i was 17 (i am now 30) and over the past 5 years especially have tried alot of drugs to find releif from my HPPD, DP/DR, Depression, Anxiety, ect

Im not going to list every drug here and my experience, honestly, because they are not worth writing about. I am currently not taking any medication except Xanax as a while back i got off my last anti- depressant Celexa.

Sadly having tried a BUNCH of shit, none of these meds really helped. The ones that did i would feel minor releif for a few days or weeks and than they stopped working all together. The biggest of these was Lamictal.

I remember taking Lamictal and there where days in the beginging where i felt absolutely great. I can specifcally remember feeling good, and thus my visuals decreased and i was able to function.

Ahhh what a nice feeling.....

Oddly enough, the buzz wore off completely the day i started a new job (i was unemployed) and all my old symptoms came back in force my first day of work. Needless to say, i lost the job shortly after, and eventually quit taking Lamictal to try something else.

I am actually considering taking this med again. I am not sure what happened but god damnt, out of all the meds ive tried, its the only one that worked. Why would it just quit like that?

Anyone else here have experience taking Lamictal? What did it do for you? Any reason why it would just poop out (when i needed it most!!!) ?

Also, whats the deal with sinemet? Should i give this med a try, does it have properties similiar to Lamictal (dopamine) ?

Thanks..

Wish I could help I have no answers. One thought though, with xanax if you only take it as needed it's a good drug. But if that's not the case, I would switch to klonopin or valium for the much longer half life. Eventually when you get tolerant to xanax it's a shitty feeling waiting for your next dose since it wears off so fast.

If it's xanax xr. forget this post, Take care!

Wish I could help I have no answers. One thought though, with xanax if you only take it as needed it's a good drug. But if that's not the case, I would switch to klonopin or valium for the much longer half life. Eventually when you get tolerant to xanax it's a shitty feeling waiting for your next dose since it wears off so fast.

If it's xanax xr. forget this post, Take care!

Yo man, i honestly switched from klonopin to xanax because the klonopin made me feel real drowsy when coming down and my doc said xanax gets out of your system faster. I def take these benzos on a as needed basis which results in about 4 times a week 1mg at night only. I find if i take them during the day it just makes me lazy and tired. Im still not sure which one i like better though..

I was going to take Lamical for Bipolar, But I went w/ depakote. It makes me more sane w/o the extreme highs and lows. I basically feel calm most the time, but the first yr. it was extremely hard for me to adjust to this pill. It's def a good drug for me though

Thats cool you're able to take benzo's as needed. Hard to do cause most feel like they always need them. If I was going to take one on an as needed basis, it would def be xanax, it controls panic attacks, headpressure, and a great for sleep. Later!

Yea, Lamictal worked ok for me... the only thing other than benzos to have a noticable effect. Unfortunatly, I got a rash and was very concerned about the potentially deadly rash that lamictal can bring.

Maybe I was just panicking though, as I only saw the rash after a shower... I might chat to my doctor about going again.

I have tried Lamictal. It did`nt work for me, besides all the other I`ve tried. No medicine have done it for me, except Klonopin which only masks the anxiety symptoms and not curing it. That`s why I think HPPD is a perceptual problem and not a physical. No medicine will cure HPPD, only mask the symptoms.

Perception of reality comes from your visual cortex which is very much a physical entity. It's the back part of your brain which processes everything you see.

• Upvote 1

i have tried lamictal too and it didn't do much for me besides even me out a little. i was never too happy or too depressed on it, i was just indifferent and empty. i quit it along with all my other meds so i could learn to cope with my depression naturally without the use of medication. a while after that i got heavy into psychedelics and got my HPPD. i still have terrible anxiety, paranoia, panic attacks, and visuals. the only drug that seems to help is alprazolam. ive never been prescribed it, but i buy xanax off my friend sometimes when i start having a panic attack or if im tripping too hard and its a borderline bad trip. i really wish i could get a prescription for it but im 18.

• 2 years later...

ive been taking this at the moment, only on 25 mg now, and i dont feel a think. but i will boost my dose every 4 weeks, till like 75 mg a day or something (im working on this with the help of a professional docter in holland). normally i play being a docter myself (i tried a bunch of benzo's). the pam's work for me. xanax etc. but i have to give this one some time and if its still doing nothing after a while i will try Sinemet.

so other pp who took this or take this...?  on what dose had lamical effect on you? (positive or worse)

thx

well, i posted my whole story on the main forum... i've been on lamictal 3 times... worked well every time... but for me clonazepam killed it 100 percent... but now lamictal kills it 99 percent... i take 500 mg though for mood disorder, so that's quite a bit higher than normal... insanely tolerable though, almost no sideeffects... actually none to be honest, even the headache went away

• 3 weeks later...

Perception of reality comes from your visual cortex which is very much a physical entity. It's the back part of your brain which processes everything you see.

What about the parietal lobes ?? That processes visual and sensory information I have a feeling they have been fuked in my hppd