Hey everyone, just wanted to join the boards, I have been dealing with hppd for 6 months now.

Fawkinchit

I definitely feel alot of your pain, when I first got hppd I didn't know what it was as I thought hppd was just seeing revisuals of a trip and mostly associated with lsd. I still currently have hppd though it is much better now. When it first started I thought I was about ready to die soon. The anxiety was MASSIVE, I had thoughts of paranoia, very strong disequilibrium, always had to be leaning on something, and the occasional visual snow. After about three months of this my hair started falling out and I got an ulcer cause the stress was just to bad. I spent alot of my nights sitting in a single couch chair, watching tv though not very able to focus, trying to reassure myself I wasn't dying, I went to doctors, had ct scans, mris, ekgs, none of them knew what was wrong with me. Finally after alot of research I was able to put two and two together, and realized I had hppd. It wasn't until I read up on visual snow(I called it visual static at the time cause I had no idea what it was) that I started to realize that maybe I was having some sort of migraine, and then found that it was a symptom of hppd as well. I had to stop drinking any stimulants at all, I used to drink 1 - 1.5 of those large 7 eleven coffees every day, I also had to go off my supplement regimen. I couldn't do much either, fatigue and mental fatigue were very extreme in the beginning, I was normally waking up at 6am, then I I could barely get out of bed at 10am, and I had dark bags under my eyes, Its gotten better, not enough to be back where I was, its been 6 to 7 months now, and I can drink a little bit of coffee here an there, but if I have to much it brings up my anxiety. Derealization doesn't happen anymore, nor does the visual static, the disequilibrium is now gone most of the time but returns mildly every once and a while, not nearly as bad as it was as I no longer have to lean on things all the time now. The paranoia is also gone now as well, though I do still have some learned thought patterns that still occur from it lol. But like i have read so many times, its the anxiety thats the worst!

Also I would like to add, lack of sleep and stress would make the symptoms worse, it was when i read some info stating that that I realized it had to be hppd.

Anyways I was thinking that hppd probably occurs due to the agonist effect of hallucinogens on the 5ht receptors, maybe an antagonist will reverse the effect?

EDIT: actually after some quick reading I came across this:

Antidotes

Adverse effects of psychotropics are often treated with fast-acting benzodiazepines like diazepamor triazolam that have calming and antianxiety effects but do not directly affect the specific actions of psychotropics. Theoretically, specific 5-HT2A receptor antagonists, which most commonly means atypical antipsychotics (quetiapine, olanzapine, risperidone, etc.) or other 5-HT2Aantagonist such as trazodone or mirtazapine, would be direct antidotes, although some anecdotal reports claim otherwise.[63] Also, some people have reported that taking an SSRI such asfluoxetine will counteract the effects of LSD.[64] Some reports indicate that although administration of chlorpromazine (Thorazine) or similar typical antipsychotic tranquilizers will not end an LSD trip, it will either lessen the intensity or immobilize and numb the patient, a side effect of the medication.[65] While it also may not end an LSD trip, the best chemical treatment for a "bad trip" is an anxiolytic agent such as diazepam (Valium) or another benzodiazepine. As the effect of the drug is psychological as well as physical, any treatment should focus on calming the patient. Limiting stimuli such as bright lights and loud noises can help in the event of an ill reaction.

It says just theoretically it would be an antidote, but if I recall, hallucinogens effect 5ht1B receptors as well.

Even on this site I read about a guy who took 5htp and said that it helped his symptoms.