cigarettes and caffeine - effects on hppd/dp/dr

martifer

What are yalls experiences like with caffeine and nicotine? I've had a couple short episodes of DP before (the longest lasting 3 days which occured after an alcohol blackout on new years) and have been a little anxious at times since that.

That last episode made me drop all drugs in fear of becoming dp'd forever. But im a pretty frequent smoker and i've noticed that cigarettes occasionally increase anxiety. Not so sure about caffeine but i normally drink that every day too.

Could they lead to increases/permanent DP by any chance? When it comes to alcohol - i gave up getting "fucked up" but i still drink a little bit (a few beers) and get tipsy on occasion. Bad idea?

What are yalls experiences like with caffeine and nicotine? I've had a couple short episodes of DP before (the longest lasting 3 days which occured after an alcohol blackout on new years) and have been a little anxious at times since that.

That last episode made me drop all drugs in fear of becoming dp'd forever. But im a pretty frequent smoker and i've noticed that cigarettes occasionally increase anxiety. Not so sure about caffeine but i normally drink that every day too.

Could they lead to increases/permanent DP by any chance? When it comes to alcohol - i gave up getting "fucked up" but i still drink a little bit (a few beers) and get tipsy on occasion. Bad idea?

Alc is bad news, ive done every drug knowen to my research multiple times and the worst illegal drugs uve heard of ive spent years on. ALC is the only drug that has almost killed me(pancreatitis) i still drink here and there... ive grown agoraphobic in my late 20's and reality is very ... fuck reality without alcohol lol. dumb me down, primates are morons :D .. alc has a headfactor ive grown aware of after stepping out of constant alcoholism, i dont think right at all for a couple days after a night of drinkin.. take from that what you will... shits poison.

NIC - i switched to e-cigs which i recommend. tho nic is still there, ur daily dose of pseudo-anti-depressiants and bs carcinogens/tar etc are cut from the product(tho its not well knowen the longterm effects of PG/VG the vapor(tho both are in tobacco, just in much lower amounts.) a tolerent nic user should barley feel stimulated, more relaxed then anything. but smoking is horrid, give it up.

Caff - ive dranken daily since a toddler, i find it give me a moodlift and a stimulated focus.. but otherwise benign.

in the end DP/DR is a steady companion one must master snapping out of if overwhelmed.. hard to blame drugs when ur alrdy in the midst of it, to each his own tho - chemicals react on the brain . shit ive found that things like guilt, anger etc are more liable of my dp/dr episodes, dp/dr unlike hppd, can be very overcome - but itll always be a part of you.

in the end DP/DR is a steady companion one must master snapping out of if overwhelmed.. hard to blame drugs when ur alrdy in the midst of it, to each his own tho - chemicals react on the brain . shit ive found that things like guilt, anger etc are more liable of my dp/dr episodes, dp/dr unlike hppd, can be very overcome - but itll always be a part of you.

Interesting. So you have dp "episodes" but are not permanently dp'd? Are you afraid of it becoming permanent? I didnt get an episode until i rolled really hard on molly and smoked. And then since then drugs and alcohol have set it off a couple times. I guess im prone to it as a person - i look at it as something that might have happened anyway but drugs brought it out faster.

i was 100% dp/dr in the late 90's..............

i barley feel it these days... but yes since it made me mostly catatonic for a few years i still have episodes of it.... use to be not a problem, now (for example) a good friend of mine came back from cali... i knew we had bad blood cause i called his new girl a homewrecker when he was suicidal about his wife and kid dissapearing (because of her) and he decided to rip all my friends off.. didnt touch shit of mine, he just knew me well enough to know it'd hurt me psychological style...

i didnt leave my bed from nov-jan.... cause yes, shock to the mind man, i do have bad days sometimes worse days....

but yes dp/dr is nothing when i come out my rutt.... drugs don't cause it .. infact a few snorts of amphetamine was the reason i started goin out again..

dp/dr is a fucked disorder////// but ive lived years without problems with it.... it is ALWAYS with me.... and can be triggered, very very badly...

shits no joke. but i dont have an 'episode' unless im very depressed... and im not a depressive person.... dp/dr nowadays feels like a manic episode here and there.... but unlike HPPD it dosent have a basis on my day to day life 'anymore'......... maybe a day or 2 a year... or as stated above, emotional bs will turn me into a zombie again, as its always there(tho i dont fucking have it anymore perm)

make sence?

yeah. thanks. im afraid of dp coming back so in a way that an hppd have stated to become a motivation for me to get off my ass, be productive, keep my mind healthy, etc and keep stress away (and of course stay off of drugs). A blessing in disguise i guess. Even if wish i could still do drugs.

Caffeine triggered my DP, but i was also very stoned...it also triggered my streaks through lights or whatever, but i was once again also very stoned hahaha ;)

haha weed might be the killer there man. against my better judgement, i actually smoked for the first time in 2 months a couple days ago. my friend came into my room crying because it was his best friends bday (who commited suicide awhile ago) with bday blunt in his honor and i was like, ill smoke with you brother.

was having a good time until about 40 minutes in felt my environment change and started having a panic attack. luckily i remembered someone in the house had a klonopin. i banged on his door at 4 am yelling I NEED YOUR KLONOPIN. NOW. he gave it to me. that shit saved me.