LOUD tinnitus as you're falling asleep?

This happened to me the other night and i was wondering if anyone else had experienced it. it was the most annoying thing. i was cozied up in bed trying not to be anxious and it was working and i'd reach that point where im about to fall asleep and then..... NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN REALLY LOUD TINNITUS - felt like i was about to get hit by a train . and id jolt awake, shuffle around, try to fall asleep and again... almost make it there.... to that sweet, worry-free sleep land... and then BAM. i jolt awake in fear. weird as hell. took my hours to fall asleep.

This happened to me the other night and i was wondering if anyone else had experienced it. it was the most annoying thing. i was cozied up in bed trying not to be anxious and it was working and i'd reach that point where im about to fall asleep and then..... NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN REALLY LOUD TINNITUS - felt like i was about to get hit by a train . and id jolt awake, shuffle around, try to fall asleep and again... almost make it there.... to that sweet, worry-free sleep land... and then BAM. i jolt awake in fear. weird as hell. took my hours to fall asleep.

Have you ever had a flash of light or some other thing with it?

yeah. thats what made me think i was about to get hit by a train haha.

Yea, the old light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel :D

Don't laugh too hard, but there realiy a condition called, "Exploading Head Syndrome" that is much as some have described here

Here are a couple links,

http://www.sleepasso...ingheadsyndrome

http://en.wikipedia....g_head_syndrome

And a brief discussion

http://www.dpselfhel...g-head-syndrome

• 4 weeks later...

hey so im reporting back to this thread.

I thought i developed new symptoms last night but i think they're just manifestations of this exploding head trauma shit but hear me out. it was really weird.

i was falling asleep as usual and instead of the tinnitus..... i started feeling high and heard REALLY LOUD MUSIC playing. i thought someone had turned on a stereo to max volume but then i peered over to my roommate and realized he was sound asleep. then i tried falling asleep again and this time, a woman's voice started yelling at me. as crisp as if i was talking to you in person. weeeeird.

• 2 weeks later...

that is very weird, sometimes i hear things as well, i rarely find other people that have hppd symptoms that arent visual or like.. emotional?

i once at college kept hearing my name being shouted in all different scary creepy voices for like 5 minutes every like 10 secinds it was fuckin horrible i looked like i was crazy :P do you ever get any like textural symptoms? like when you feel things?

that is very weird, sometimes i hear things as well, i rarely find other people that have hppd symptoms that arent visual or like.. emotional?

i once at college kept hearing my name being shouted in all different scary creepy voices for like 5 minutes every like 10 secinds it was fuckin horrible i looked like i was crazy :P do you ever get any like textural symptoms? like when you feel things?

haha.... hearing things is the only symptom that truly makes me thing i could be going crazy sometimes ( tho i know im not ). not sure what you mean by "feeling" things. i feel a little DP'd/dizzy sometimes.

i mean literally like.... touch. like sometimes my tongue and my teeth blend together as 1 like they did once wen i was trippin and i get a massive spike of anxiety and an increase in visual stuff at the same time... orrr theres like when my fingers touching each other start to get softer and softer its fuckin weirrrrd man.. they feel like cushions kind of :P