alcohol/opiates/coke + hppd and my symptoms.

martifer

Been having warning signs (light warping/breathing) for 6 months before i first posted here, then initially ignored yalls good advice and did MDMA another couple of times. Right after my last MDMA roll i noticed some light visual snow, and over the past few weeks the following developed:

-tracers

-occasional vertigo

-light visual snow

-closed eye visuals

-floaters

-spirally patterns in the sky

-light glare, light halos

-light movement/breathing

-sometimes ghosting

-sometimes static pulsing - like everything is just.... i guess pulsing is the right word lol... (this JUST started as i started writing this post)

All of this is in the realm of "mild". I haven't touched any drugs for 3 weeks since that mdma except for new years when i got blackout on alcohol and xanax (which i took unknowingly - bad night). The hangover was awful and i came close to a panic attack and got me with DP-type feelings which thankfully didnt last.

I need advice from all you HPPD'rs. I know i cant get that drunk ever again. But 2-3 beers is probably fine right? And what about opiates and cocaine.... I know i shouldnt be doing drugs at all but i've already given up everything else so i feel like ive made some progress... How do they affect you? Make it worse in the short term/ long term? Especially how do these substances affect DP? im ready to give up everything completely but im stubborn if i dont know for sure.

Its a really tough call doing any type of drug and having HPPD. Obviously they are all going to effect people differently, but for me almost anything seems to make things worse and trip me out. Since having HPPD I have drank, smoked weed, and did cocaine; these all seemed to make things worse (cocaine affected me the least). Aside from street drugs things like not getting enough sleep or not being able to eat when I'm hungry also make things worse. I also even had a times where after a hard run I would trip out (running is good though just don't do too much like me). In my case I cut out everything but alcohol for a couple months and just recently stopped drinking all together. I could probably get away with doing a lot of other things, but lately I have been feeling high all the time and now that old need to feel high has become a need to feel sober. If things don't make anything worse I dont see why you can't do them.

i just had a small panic attack and i feel like DP is trying to set in. IT SCARED THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME. i just decided im off all drugs completely except for a few beers here and there and xanax. (seperately of course). im going to try and stay healthy, excercise, not think about it, and hope it doesnt come back.

Alcohol doesn't affect my symptoms at all and helps my anxiety when I am drunk but I am struggling with alcoholism along side benzodiazapine addiction, opiates have also been a problem too. I reccomend staying away from all drugs if possible, especially all these, they aren't ones to be messed with, trust me.

• 3 weeks later...

Been having warning signs (light warping/breathing) for 6 months before i first posted here, then initially ignored yalls good advice and did MDMA another couple of times. Right after my last MDMA roll i noticed some light visual snow, and over the past few weeks the following developed:

-tracers

-occasional vertigo

-light visual snow

-closed eye visuals

-floaters

-spirally patterns in the sky

-light glare, light halos

-light movement/breathing

-sometimes ghosting

-sometimes static pulsing - like everything is just.... i guess pulsing is the right word lol... (this JUST started as i started writing this post)

All of this is in the realm of "mild". I haven't touched any drugs for 3 weeks since that mdma except for new years when i got blackout on alcohol and xanax (which i took unknowingly - bad night). The hangover was awful and i came close to a panic attack and got me with DP-type feelings which thankfully didnt last.

I need advice from all you HPPD'rs. I know i cant get that drunk ever again. But 2-3 beers is probably fine right? And what about opiates and cocaine.... I know i shouldnt be doing drugs at all but i've already given up everything else so i feel like ive made some progress... How do they affect you? Make it worse in the short term/ long term? Especially how do these substances affect DP? im ready to give up everything completely but im stubborn if i dont know for sure.

didnt read the replys

Opiates i find my drug of choice nowadays (my pleasure in psychedelics has fallen as its more a nostalgia trip for me then learning/fun) very relaxing, very comforting(unless your like a buncha people i know and get nausea from it, if not id recommend them + benzos just to take the edge off hppd, opiates are pretty safe '''''if you know what your doing''''' stay on the pills not the needle.

Cocaine i honestly have nothing but disrespect for, its the most garbage drug to start with and it just keeps you wigged out due to multiple doseing a night. not good for anyone with any form of mental problems.

Alcohol... careful ;)

I've never had a major issue with alcohol... It can make hppd hell when hungover, but a klonopin solves that. I know a few people here have accredited alcolhol to being the trigger from mild to major hppd though, so it is a risk.

Of the 3 things you talk about though, booze seems the best bet. Coke has never had any long term affects, but as Lucid says... shit drug anyway. Opiates, i'm no expert on... but I have alot of freinds and family who have been through hell with heroin,not nice.

snort it ;)

seriously... opiates are so better then any legal drug(nic,alc) very safe, if ur a slave to the needle...... id prolly be but even professionals cant find a good vein to shoot me in.... i dig tramadol . vicodin, oxycodone.... much more then heroin..... tho im not picky... just sucks snortin black tar..