help with NAC

I buy it as powder from an online sports shop and use their 1ml scoop to measure out (1 scoop is about 800mg). I take a scoop dissolved in water 3 times a day on a meal, and more if i am boozing (3 or 4 scoops before and after or during the session). I take it with a scoop of vitamin c and a scoop of magnesium hydroxide. I also take an a-z multivit and a high dose vitamin d (5000iu) and chaparral herb. If you have a severely toxic condition then nac may create a detox reaction (feeling rank, spots, etc) but this will pass, just reduce your dose a bit till it does.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that I've started NAC. Earlier, I had tried the Sinemet with some response. It however didn't pan out with a lot of twitching in my thumbs.

Yesterday I took a full gram and felt a little high. I also got really itchy later that night when I took my .025 Klonopin. I wonder if that combo is bad, or the dose was too high.

Anyway, I'm on 500mg of Nac now and I'm liking it so far. I've had dreams that I had when I was 15. It's strange that my mind is recalling much of my earlier happy years. I've also been a little more at peace and chatty with people. I'm not 100 percent healed, but there is some upside to this supplement.

I'd love to hear from some other people that have had success with NAC.

Greg