how do you deal with the anxiety?

alice-acid

im on no meds n gettin no help i self diagnosed tbh but im in the process of gettin actual diagnosed

basically im wonderin what do ppl do/take to deal with the anxiety other than benzos

any tips or i dont know vitamins i can buy or something?

not vitamins but ya know what i mean

Most of my help comes from Sinemet. The rest from benzos and anti-seizures. Most docs try SSRIs and then SNRIs. For me, these skyrocket anxiety.

Oh course, have no idea what will work for you. Sinemet seems to affect some very specific visual issues and for some DR. It is also not easy to get - even though it is a mild med, it is off-label for stuff like what we have.

The first and most important thing is 'healthy life style' - good food, plenty of rest (consistent 'sleep hygiene'), no drugs, limit alcohol (stop it for now if it negatively affects you during or the next day), positive friends, positive activities, positive music, and walks in clean air.

While this should be easy, ironically it is difficult in modern industrialized society. And some of this makes you social different than peers (which is a source of anxiety).

As far as supplements, you could experiment with stuff like GABA and NAC (NAC is great across the board but initially start with small amounts) [ The supplement topic is huge so won't delve further here ]

Have you tried meds? Do you have visual distortions and if so, can you list them?

Hope this helps alice :)

ermmm ive not been prescribed any meds but ive found that recreationally shall we say that valium and tegretol work !

and visual distortions? im not sure i know wat u mean but i think i do... if u mean like my visual symptoms they areee

-mild lsd visuals (breathing, growing melthing and such)

- visual snow pretty much always, very badly at night

-patterns on plain walls / surfaces

-text changing colour occasionally, or weird little patterns between the text

-starburts

-negative images for tooo long, especially after looking at light, although that has improved quite alot

-CEVs, patterns and on bad days the silluette of a person like... dancing and as i panic more it like zooms in to the person and then i cant start to make out the expression, which gets more gruesome with more panicking!! this happens when im the very very very most anxious, definately the scariest of all my visuals

-trails occasionally

-flashes of light

-stationary stuff looking like its moving in my peripheral vison

erm i thinkkkk thats it

and i know what NAC is i plan to buy some very soon :) but what's gaba? thanks for the help :)

oh and also what would you consider a good amount to start on with nac?

• 4 weeks later...

if you have true anxiety brain-chemistry(not learnt behaviour like socialphobia or ptsd) there's really nothing CBT could do for you.. you can be a champ and learn to deal with it and come out on top, i on the otherhand, pick the cowards way out... benzos,alc...

if you have true anxiety brain-chemistry(not learnt behaviour like socialphobia or ptsd) there's really nothing CBT could do for you.. you can be a champ and learn to deal with it and come out on top, i on the otherhand, pick the cowards way out... benzos,alc...

i dont really know what kind of anxiety is? it definately comes from the hppd, they come hand in hand

well... thats what my old psychiatrist said... i have sence left cause all the meds didnt work..

was on prozac.... that turned into 4point restraints, suicide watch...

then was on mega doses of paxil, didnt help at all.

then... paxil mixed with seroquel, im not psychotic.. was no point but took her shit anyways

i didnt respond.. to the meds..

after that

mirtazipine

imipramine

list goes on till i just said fuck this, you cost to much money.

i understand exactly what he means tbh some people's anxiety is due to thier brain chemistry... and this needs to be balanced with medications

whilst some people' is due to things causing them to be anxious and them being used to it. i think thats the kind hppd is to be honest.

like how some people are depressed because they are bipolar, where as other hav things in thier life that eventually lead to them being depressed,