Clicks inside the mouth, in the jaw area

mark

Since HPPD I have wierd clicks inside my mouth, i can hear the and feel them in the area where the jaw meets the skull. happens more often when i slightly open my mouth

It seems to be more frequent as HPPD is getting worse

Is anyone here have this phenomenon?

What the hell is this?

I just want to know i'm not the only one?

I had a scratching in my inner ear that would only happen when I listen to music and talk. It seems to have gone away slightly, but it started with my HPPD. Saw two different ear doctors, neither saw anything that would indicate an issue with my ears. There's some sort of issue with head pressure with HPPD which affects pressure on the ears, eyes, etc. Even when my HPPD kicked in, I remember there being a feeling like something had popped inside my head and I went light headed.

Yeah man i got it, once my jaw almost became unhinged it hurt like hell, but somehow it got better...i remember when i was trippin alot that was like the one thing i can remember happening, i would eat and my jaw would crack and hurt...guess it has something to do with intracranial pressure pushing down on your jaw or somethint

Since HPPD I have wierd clicks inside my mouth, i can hear the and feel them in the area where the jaw meets the skull. happens more often when i slightly open my mouth

It seems to be more frequent as HPPD is getting worse

Is anyone here have this phenomenon?

What the hell is this?

I just want to know i'm not the only one?

Have you developed any muscle cramps, tension or soreness - particularly in upper body or calves (mild or otherwise)?

Don't have any muscle issues, body feels fine most of the time

only head pressure 24/7 which few times a week turns into a really painful headache and these cracks in my jaw

Also when i leave my mouth open my jaw pushes itself to the sides and up and down unwillingly - it can be controlled if i lock my jaw - i think it's a common LSD sensation, only it didn't leave

• 2 weeks later...

I have that too! theres a lot of pressure and pain in my jaw so i have a tendency to play with it but when you snap that part where your jaw meets the skull its very painful and is sore for a very long time. I'm not 100% sure if this is related but it sure seems like it started with HPPD...but i have cracking joints everywhere! My neck and back are like in a vice...even when i breath sometimes i can hear my upper back popping

Interesting.

The reason I ask is that muscle control is a major midbrain area that uses dopamine. Also acetylcholine. Imbalances with either will cause movement problems including possible these symptoms reported. Joints that crack after developing HPPD indicate possible dopamine problem. Of course being tense with anxiety will also cause issues.

Given research showing dopamine involvement with many HPPD symptoms, it is something to consider.

Wonder if any who have tried Sinemet have reported any 'cracking' changes if they had issues.

I think focusing on our visuals makes us develop a unhealthy way of using our eyes, that puts a lot of strain on our neck which also impacts the jaw.. Like if a normal person has a floater, if he spends all day focusing on something that is inside his eye he is gonna have tremendous strain in his neck and jaw..

Anxiety can also cause a person to grind their teeth and the tension will start to move down into the neck and eventually the back. That could be why everybody has so much pressure in their jaw and where the jaw meets the skull. Nobody can really know exactly what they do when they fall asleep and everybody that has HPPD definitely has some sort of anxiety problem. I would suggest researching TMJ