Felt almost recovered for 3 weeks, then a series of events

1. Was talking to this girl, had plans to fly down and visit her for a week and see the solar eclipse together

2. Most perceptual shit reduced 90-95%. Headaches, head pressure, dpdr, weird sensations and stuff were virtually gone. Images still remained and were annoying.

3. Get ghosted over the aug 4-6 weekend, tooth starts getting worse and worse that Sunday, go to Dentist Tuesday, find out I need a root canal, find out I have to pay $475 because my insurance won't cover it. Broke as fuck. Figure out the girl isnt dead or in an accident because her moms spoken to her, obvious im getting ghosted. Ticket I bought was nonrefundable so I cant get my $277 back. Night of the root canal I get extremely weak sick wnd fatigued with a high fever and go to ER (Wednesday). Infection from root canal spread. Antibiotics. Pain pills. Up all night sleep through day. Reduce my nicotine intake greatly. Sunday, havent had a cig in almost 24 hours.

4. Perceptual shit back, feel weird, see a duck in my minds eye and everything has a duck like quality like some kind of weird synesthesia of the consciousness. Hope this isnt permanent and goes away after I get off antibiotics and quit withdrawing from cigs and get sleep pattern back in order.

So if this shit fluctuates so much according to life circumstances and moods, I guess it proved to me that this isnt permanent, but when it does come back its worse and I cant remember when it was gone because im in the thick of it. I just want this weirs synesthesia feeling to go away.

Yeah...and at least it helped me quit smoking. It was hard to breathe yesterday and my grandma's dying of copd and I was like I just dont want to do this anymore. 11 years. I think I'm finally done.

I've felt that way many times over the last year. Eventually I figured out how much of a role sleep, diet, exercise, etc., plays in how I feel day to day and once I adjusted properly I was much more stable. Between nicotine, antibiotics, lack of sleep and pain meds it's no wonder you're feeling unstable. Like you said, it's just temporary. Get all that crap out of your system, drink a bunch of water, maybe hit up a sauna for a few days, sleep, get on some probiotics and eat some fermented foods to replenish your gut bacteria and you should be feeling way better. 

When I quit smoking, I nearly lost my mind.  I remember light being very intense and at one point I thought I was lifting off the ground.  That alone can make things weird.  Combine that with a bad infection, a fever, pain pills, and personal stress, then it's not surprising that reality took a hike.

I must be old.  I had to look up what ghosting meant.

53 minutes ago, MadDoc said:

When I quit smoking, I nearly lost my mind.  I remember light being very intense and at one point I thought I was lifting off the ground.  That alone can make things weird.  Combine that with a bad infection, a fever, pain pills, and personal stress, then it's not surprising that reality took a hike.

I must be old.  I had to look up what ghosting meant.

It means I was talking to a stupid bitch.

• 4 weeks later...

Doing worse than ever.

Suicidal thoughts. Perceptual shit. Weird thoughts and ocd.

I just need consistency not this month of feeling better shit then it goes back to the nightmare.

Edited by Guest