Anyone who had floaters that disappeared?

My HPPD is mainly eye floaters, black dots that move in my vision. I have had them for about a year, and they became permanent after a bad trip. I've read about some visual symptoms becoming better over time, but not specifically eye floaters. I really just want to know if it is possible that they will go away? I'm staying completely sober and healthy.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:35 PM, shroomanxiety said:

Yes my HPPD can be considered mild, taking into account how bad it can get for a lot of people. Everything is relative however, and my symptoms are causing a lot of anxiety for me and I just want some hope that it can go away. 

That's your answer right there.

I started seeing floaters after getting off of Paxil last year. I spent weeks obsessing over them and having anxiety about them.

Now I don't even care. I still have them but I notice them about 90% less.

I'm of the opinion of 2 things about hppd: it's a mild cerebral injury and it's psychological.

People without hppd see the same shit we do except they filter it out and don't notice it. We notice it and obsess on it and the anxiety produced from that becomes a feedback loop and continues the cycle. It's a problem of too much inner focus. The remedy is to focus outward.

In other words, you have to retrain your brain to ignore this shit and over time you won't notice it anymore and it won't be a problem.

This is how you recover from hppd.

Edited by Guest

On 8/4/2017 at 9:30 PM, Cjb007 said:

Do you see breathing walls do you have dpdr and do you see trails

I don't see breathing walls, nor trails. I have had some bad DP/DR but it's gotten much better. I started seeing double vision recently as well, which is freaking me out a bit. I don't see double where I'm focusing but the background is always doubled. Like, when I hold my finger in front of me and focus on my finger, everything else but the finger is doubled. I'm not sure if this is an HPPD thing, but I'm suspecting it since the brain should combine the images.

On 8/5/2017 at 11:51 PM, TheMythos said:

That's your answer right there.

I started seeing floaters after getting off of Paxil last year. I spent weeks obsessing over them and having anxiety about them.

Now I don't even care. I still have them but I notice them about 90% less.

I'm of the opinion of 2 things about hppd: it's a mild cerebral injury and it's psychological.

People without hppd see the same shit we do except they filter it out and don't notice it. We notice it and obsess on it and the anxiety produced from that becomes a feedback loop and continues the cycle. It's a problem of too much inner focus. The remedy is to focus outward.

In other words, you have to retrain your brain to ignore this shit and over time you won't notice it anymore and it won't be a problem.

This is how you recover from hppd.

I've been actually thinking a lot about this lately, that the anxiety might be causing the issues in the first place and that most of it might be psychological and a result of obsessing over it. I find it very hard to stop though. The bad trips I had from drugs made me very bad at coping with anxiety in general. I really hope the remedy is what you say it is, though. 

• 1 month later...