No illegal drugs or pharms

HDDeer

Im looking to get some ppinions on this, does anyone think if you refrain from pharms and/or illegal drugs you are more likely to make a 100% Full recovery in the future? As in only exercising and taking supplements and healthy dieting, no fap. I feel like in a way it only makes sense, your brain chemistry was altered and continuing use with any powerful mind altering medication will only slow things down? I am now no longer looking to go on any benzos or medication long term. My goal now is to only use a clonazepam in a dire situation. I feel like your brain needs to rewire which i do believe it has the power to do. 

Yes I am a firm believer that prescription medication, taken on a regular basis, only delays recovery. The rewiring and healing of the brain has to happen on a natural basis and can not be forced by pharmaceuticals.

Edited by fruitgun

I'm a pretty firm believer in the power of nature, biology and healing, although it's important to remember not everyone is in the same boat here. Different people have different symptoms and different levels of HPPD. For those who've had it for a long time and just want to live without pain, I see no reason why medication isn't an entirely acceptable option. But I do think at first it's highly advisable to refrain from all psychoactive substances (including excess sugar, coffee, nightshades, etc.) in order to give yourself a chance at healing naturally. 

Refraining from psychedelics, absolutely!  I think staying sober provides a better chance of a having a happy mind and body.  That goes for a healthy diet and exercise as well especially as you get older.  I've never taken prescription medication for this disorder because I just don't trust the quacks who prescribe them because health care in the U.S. is all about profits.  That being said I realize that when properly prescribed and monitored they can be very helpful for some people.

While following a drug free regiment hasn't made my visuals go away, it has helped in healing most of the more bothersome symptoms.  That and time, lots of time.

Edited by MadDoc
Foolish typing