Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheMythos

What supplements/special diet is everyone taking

6 posts in this topic

We should come up with a list of the best supplements and foods to help alleviate the symptoms of HPPD.

Right now I'm just starting a daily dose of 5000 UI Vitamin D, then I'll be adding NAC, brahmi, and folic acid. I might start adding flaxseed oil in there after a month or two.

Diet: basic fruits and vegetables, not really going hardcore on specific foods just making my diet better from shit to decent.

20 minutes of aerobic exercise a day.

There was a big thread posted a while back that was similar to this, though I'm not sure how to find it now. I think B-complex vitamins and magnesium have the best track record with HPPD but that's likely because people are just depleted. I also take digestive enzymes, selenium, zinc, sunflower lecithin and fish oil. Time of day matters too. You shouldn't take a lot of minerals at the same time as they can compete with one another. My morning drink consists of tulsi tea, hibiscus tea, passionflower tincture, bacopa tincture, a half teaspoon of turmeric, sea salt, apple cider vinegar and sea salt. It tastes like crap but it's an excellent morning cleanse and gives me a boost mood wise. As for diet, I'd say going gluten free, limiting sugar to only organic produce and taking it easy or eliminating nightshades is the best bet. You can be liberal with what you eat as long as you're eating natural foods that come from the earth. 

I've been eating pretty good for about a week and I'm not noticing a change in mood or anything.

What are you eating? A week is not much time in the grand scope of altering your brain chemistry through food. You need to practice good eating habits for months and even years on end before you can really start to feel a change. I'm at about a year now and my body feels as good as it ever has, especially when combined with morning exercise. 

I'd stay away from Jimmy John's, Subway and all other fast food franchises if I were you. Even though these places seem healthy the buns are loaded with gluten, carbs and are devoid of any quality nutrition that your brain needs to heal or reset itself. You should really start to try and cook for yourself. It's cheaper and healthier and gives you something to look forward to and learn about. I'd recommend trying to cut out gluten completely for so many reasons it's not even funny. Gluten has even been linked to schizophrenia and can have damaging effects on your neurological health even if you don't have a severe mental illness like we do.