Since 14

Benooooo

I've had hppd since I was 14 (now 19) and I've only just come to realise what it is. Thinking I'm a complete head case the last 5 years not understanding what's going on. I've now come to except it's part of who I am now weather others get it or not! If anyone wants to chat lemme know would love to speak to someone in the same position. 

It's interesting how many people start using psychedelics at 14.  I was one month shy of my 14th birthday.  Did you use psychedelics during those 5 years?  

Remember, you're not a "head case".  You're a human being that has, I'm assuming, sustained an injury for lack of a better term.  In my case I think of it as a "rewiring".

I found that acceptance of my condition made it easier to move forward in life.  I think it's a healthy mind set.  However, don't let acceptance get in the way of seeking help.    I never really attempted to get any medical assistance.  However, there was no name for this condition other than "burnout" back in the early 80s.

I suggest taking the time to read through the posts here.  There's lots of good advice.  It made me realize I'm not the only one in the world that pulled a joker from the deck.

3 hours ago, Benooooo said:

I've had hppd since I was 14 (now 19) and I've only just come to realise what it is. Thinking I'm a complete head case the last 5 years not understanding what's going on. I've now come to except it's part of who I am now weather others get it or not! If anyone wants to chat lemme know would love to speak to someone in the same position. 

Yeah curiosity I guess.. no I can't go near them not for me.. yeah appreciate the advice man but don't think I need any help at this point it's not a problem. I like to think of it as a gift at this point 

• 2 years later...