NAC

10 hours ago, HDDeer said:

2400mg

On your first 2 days? I was just going to take 600 for like a week to see what happened. You jumped right into it lol.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was doing some research and came across some information that NAC augments AMPA transmission. This explains my supremely negative reaction to it... some people on this forum don’t do well with touching ampa receptors. They also seem to be the subset of people who react well to keppra interestingly.  

• 4 weeks later...

i discovered nac by accident about 9 years ago now.  I took it as a hangover preventative.  It didn't do much so one night i thought fuck it, lets give it one last proper try and took 14 x 600mg pills.  I woke up with a hangover, but was not expecting (so it took me a while of pleasantly surprised reflection to work out it was the nac) the massive drop in brain fog, fatigue and anxiety.  I have never been as bad, tho it didn't touch my hppd as such.  I am in uk and get my nac from bulkpowders.com which seems cheap and high quality.  It doesn't seem to be a direct drug effect as the fog only starts returning slowly after days and weeks, so my guess is that the fog and anxiety are sequelae of hppd or predisposing condition that generates a lot of oxidative stress that the brain can't clear fast enough to prevent accumulation.  Also bear in mind if you are having a bad reaction that nac makes fat soluble toxins water soluble, so you may get a herxheimer reaction as the toxins mobilise due via glutathione.  Try a lower dose and drink water more, 2400mg seems quite high for a start dose, tho obviously nothing on my 14 pills!  Now i just take half a teaspoon before drinking and half on a hangover; as i drink quite a lot this amount is enough to keep my fog down.  I also do vit b (also from bulk powders) and d, and make my own cheapo magnesium malate by disolving magnesium ribbon in malic acid, which all seem to add a bit of extra pep to the nac.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

That’s fascinating!! I don’t react well to it (well at least I didn’t when in heavy benzo withdrawal last time I tried it; might give it another go) but what I did notice one time when I took it on a night of heavy drinking, it cut my hangover in half. I give it to my family on vacation now when they go hard and they love it.