Weird experience

holly

Last night right when i was in the middle of consciousness and unconsciousness i heard a loud knocking. The thing is though it sounded like i imagined it. Sounded like it was right next to me, like in my ears. I woke up abruptly obviously, i stayed awake for maybe 15 minutes being paranoid then i went back to sleep with no trouble. I've been having this problem for maybe a month and a half where i would imagine noises, random songs, words or things relevant to what i am thinking. This only happens when my mind is at ease and i'm about to fall asleep. They just sound so real, feel like i'm, becoming a schizo* or some shit.

Edited by Originally

I get that a kind of loud "whoosh" sound in my head when I'm half asleep.   Apparently  a lot of people experience something similar.  It's weird when it happens but existence is pretty weird too and it's contained within that.  Conical weird.

Edited by MadDoc

Same. I get this often when I'm tired and meditating right before bed. I listen to binural beats and sometimes it's like they get amplified in waves. It's difficult to explain I guess. I've also had instances where I'm either asleep or on the verge of being asleep and think I hear something. I imagine this goes hand in hand with the symptoms I have where I think I see things and then I look again and there's nothing there. The sounds, however, could be more linked to brain wave malfunction given the link to epilepsy and the state of consciousness when they occur. Maybe theta?