How many od You have bad trip induced HPPD

pdo

I didn't have a bad trip but felt myself go into a weird space in my head for about 10 minutes and am convinced that had something to do with getting HPPD, though I could be wrong. Lots of people seem to have gotten it from bad trips with heavy anxiety. 

Mine is bad trip induced. Took a high doce of acid with cones at the peak. Could feel the fabric of my sanity crumbling and was in such severe pain I wanted to kill myself and had to be stopped from doing so. There was huge anxiety, which did not completely stop even with some of strongest medication. Very strong symptoms of psychosis and the worst pain I've felt and yet the HPPD symptoms aren't as negative as others I've read here. I don't get DP/DR and my visuals are textures (especially on trees) and vibrancy of colours. I can even lucid dream at will closing my eyes within ten seconds. However, all this only makes me worry that I'm two steps away from psychosis. 

My hppd was cumulative.  I noticed it after my first dose but the years that followed cemented it.  I never really had a bad trip.  Bizarre, strange, unearthly, but i never "flipped out".  My only memory of a really difficult  trip was when I was dosed  without my knowledge.   What i was "given" was something really impure and nasty.  I was lucky enough to have some good friends around to explain what had happened.  

My HPPD was bad-trip induced; the trip was not on acid, however.

I did two cones of weed, within a relatively short period of time. I then inhaled some popper and realised I had gotten the effects of Poppers Maculopathy (a yellow spot in my central vision). Well, that was exactly the kind of thing to throw me into a bad time.

I was so high and worried that I passed out. When I awoke, I could still see the yellow spot. This almost broke me down - I had had visual problems in the past, and had just gotten over them. For new ones to arise was just a nightmare to me.

A week later, my HPPD symptoms started slowly appearing. I didn't know whether they were real or not, as they developed slowly. I continued smoking weed regularly, and did a lot the next weekend. The symptoms were getting worse until I did some research and realised what I was experiencing.

I now have palinopsia pretty bad. I can also see visual snow, and have some DR. It's been at least three months since this all happened.

I'm not sure why the symptoms developed, and developed at the time and rate they did. One reason could be due to my intense bad experience, coupled with the increased sensitivity to my vision - I was checking for that yellow spot over and over again, hoping that it was just a bad dream. I have also done LSD a few times in the past. Also, I realise now that I had been experiencing DP/DR for years due to my existing anxiety (which I had pretty bad, and still have to some degree).

Not sure if any of this helps. Writing and talking about this stuff helps to some degree, but in other ways it can be unhelpful. I think that if you are experiencing HPPD, the more it affects your day the more you suffer. And so talking about it too often can make it affect your day more, and therefore make you suffer more. So yeah... unsure if this is helpful or not.

On 6.7.2017 at 6:22 AM, K.B.Fante said:

I didn't have a bad trip but felt myself go into a weird space in my head for about 10 minutes and am convinced that had something to do with getting HPPD, though I could be wrong. 

Can you try to describe this headspace?

7 hours ago, fruitgun said:

Can you try to describe this headspace?

Sorta felt like I got sucked to the back of my head, felt very childlike, scared, just wanted to stop tripping, be somewhere safe, etc. Never felt that way before in my entire life and have no idea what it was, but as best I can describe it was basically the beginning of what could have been a bad trip. 

2 hours ago, K.B.Fante said:

Sorta felt like I got sucked to the back of my head, felt very childlike, scared, just wanted to stop tripping, be somewhere safe, etc. Never felt that way before in my entire life and have no idea what it was, but as best I can describe it was basically the beginning of what could have been a bad trip. 

Sounds like panic.