anxiety and depression

Are the symptoms of anxiety, depression, derealization and depersonalization a result of the way we react to our mental condition and visual disturbances? Or are these symptoms a DIRECT result of HPPD itself and out of our control. 

I can totally deal with these mild visuals for the rest of my life but I don't want to be permanently anxious or depressed. What do you guys think? Are people with HPPD here still looking healthy? I've lost my orange glow to the stress from this disorder. I'm becoming paler and more anxious. Are people able to manage their anxiety successfully here and find joy in everyday life?

Orange glow?  I'm holding my own for someone approaching 60.  I mean, little children don't run away screaming when I walk by.  I still climb mountains and jog.  In my case hppd hasn't had an impact on my physical self.  Perhaps some when I was still an anxious soul.  Living healthy, exercising, and keeping busy are the key ... at least for this late middle aged human.

7 hours ago, MadDoc said:

Orange glow?  I'm holding my own for someone approaching 60.  I mean, little children don't run away screaming when I walk by.  I still climb mountains and jog.  In my case hppd hasn't had an impact on my physical self.  Perhaps some when I was still an anxious soul.  Living healthy, exercising, and keeping busy are the key ... at least for this late middle aged human.

Can you feel euphoria? How are your anxiety symptoms. Sometime I wonder if my anxiety and depression are out of my control due to some brain alteration.

5 hours ago, Georgecarter24 said:

I think the anxiety and depression is self created. I really really hope it isn't out of our control

Not really sure what you mean by self created. Anxiety and depression are the results of genetics, environment, and stressors. That's one of the stigmas that the mental health community is still facing - that illness can be overcome by willpower.

Do I feel euphoria?  Yeah, as euphoric as a sober old guy can feel.  I'm happy, content, and satisfied i guess.  Life is sweet.  My anxiety is minimal.  I think that comes with the mileage .  As a friend of mine once said "life is strange stuff, you can't do a half the first time, you have to do the whole thing".  

9 hours ago, TheMythos said:

Not really sure what you mean by self created. Anxiety and depression are the results of genetics, environment, and stressors. That's one of the stigmas that the mental health community is still facing - that illness can be overcome by willpower.

I just don't think it's a wise thing to think you have depression and anxiety out of control. It'll just lead you to a helpless and hopeless state.

So do you think the anxiety and depression is a direct result of the disorder itself and not how we react to the visuals? 

I could care less about the static/visuals. It's just this hopeless feeling that I'm going to be permanently anxious and depressed due to some alteration in my brain chemistry

13 minutes ago, MadDoc said:

Do I feel euphoria?  Yeah, as euphoric as a sober old guy can feel.  I'm happy, content, and satisfied i guess.  Life is sweet.  My anxiety is minimal.  I think that comes with the mileage .  As a friend of mine once said "life is strange stuff, you can't do a half the first time, you have to do the whole thing".  

This is reassuring. I've been feeling really anxious and down lately and was worried that it's out of my control and I'm going to permanently be like this because of HPPD. 

My visuals are so minor that they don't bother me. 

For me, setting goals, pulling together as much focus as I could muster, and moving forward is what really helped.  Also, my doctor sent me to a meditation program taught at a nearby hospital.  That was a turning point because I discovered that the path to being well was inside me the whole time.  Great doctor!  The fact that you want to get past your anxiety is huge.  Don't give up because a great life, even with hppd, is most definitely possible even for a goof like me.