Starbursts, Halos, Light Sensitivity

raiahm1

Hey everyone. Ever since I got my mild "HPPD," I've been experiencing mild/moderate starbursts and halos off of streetlights, headlights, and reflections of the sun. I do believe I am more sensitive to sunlight (slowly decreasing), and I do believe I sort of see colors a bit brighter now. Lastly, I do notice very slight ghosting off of bright images. Anyone have similar symptoms? Do these go away? Or has anyone heard of these symptoms slowly dissipating?

Yes it will moslty go away. At least, it will fade in the background. You will not notice it anymore. Give it at least 1 year. It can flares-up because of stress, fatigue, or no obvious reason. Stop taking drugs, alcohol, caffeine. Stop obsessing about it, don't focus on it, don't search mindlessly on the net about it. You have to forget it as much as you can. Eat well (not too much sugar), sleep well, and exercice. Just live your life, enjoy the things you like, and strongly believe that you will recover, because you will :) 

Edited by lysandre
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, lysandre said:

Yes it will moslty go away. At least, it will fade in the background. You will not notice it anymore. Give it at least 1 year. It can flares-up because of stress, fatigue, or no obvious reason. Stop taking drugs, alcohol, caffeine. Stop obsessing about it, don't focus on it, don't search mindlessly on the net about it. You have to forget it as much as you can. Eat well (not too much sugar), sleep well, and exercice. Just live your life, enjoy the things you like, and strongly believe that you will recover, because you will :) 

exactly. give it time and you'll enjoy things. mp me if you want to talk.