A new theory

1 hour ago, pdo said:

Weird thing, I started taking a supplement which contains vitamins C, B1, B6 ( all trigger choline ) and my visuals Got a bit stronger :o

It's a mystery...

It's evident HPPD, Visual Snow Syndrome, etc., aren't as simple as increasing certain neurotransmitter production or decreasing it. If this were the case then there would be many more meds than help than hurt by now. There's no cure and no treatment for this because nobody has a clue where to start. I'm of the belief we're dealing with some sort of parasympathetic nervous system malfunction that can only be healed through good health. But that's just me. 

What interests me mostly are the stories of people reversing it with another positive trip, where they face their struggles. Seems like high risk / high reward, though. But I don't have the balls tbh, since the thoughts that mostly "torture" me are psychotic-like existential thoughts and I fear risking psychosis. I even forgot if it is possible to stay rational and objective/realistic during a trip.

1 hour ago, pdo said:

What interests me mostly are the stories of people reversing it with another positive trip, where they face their struggles. Seems like high risk / high reward, though. But I don't have the balls tbh, since the thoughts that mostly "torture" me are psychotic-like existential thoughts and I fear risking psychosis. I even forgot if it is possible to stay rational and objective/realistic during a trip.

That would suggest that hppd is purely psychological, which qEEG tests have shown to be false.

I have tripped after getting hppd and it only made things worse.

3 minutes ago, pdo said:

Each trip rewires Your brain on a neurological level.

Zero evidence for this, as far as I know. The idea that it could actually undo neurological damage seems even more remote.

I'm not completely dismissing the idea, it is just very, very risky and is based on anecdotal evidence from people on the internet. When I took drugs, post hppd, I would sometimes get an afterglow for a while, then crash even further down. Maybe they posted their anecdote during one of the afterglow periods.

The more I read about this all in general, the more patterns I see, however the solution still evades everyone, as this is so complicated. Man I wish I was a neuroscientist.

Edited by pdo

15 minutes ago, TheMythos said:

My hypothesis is that its a dysfunction in the magnetic field produced by the brain.

Weird theory, care to elaborate?

I don't know why it makes sense to me, maybe ever since HPPD I've been having more SP episodes and they've turned really spiritual. Lots of high pitched sounds, holograms, electricity... 

32 minutes ago, pdo said:

Weird theory, care to elaborate?

I don't know why it makes sense to me, maybe ever since HPPD I've been having more SP episodes and they've turned really spiritual. Lots of high pitched sounds, holograms, electricity... 

http://thescienceexplorer.com/brain-and-body/how-does-lsd-radically-transform-individual-s-consciousness

"Now, a new report unearths evidence that LSD changes consciousness by reorganizing human brain networks. Specifically, LSD interferes with the activation patterns in the brain networks that underlie human thought and behavior.

Researchers at Imperial College London used fMRI to scan the brains of 20 healthy volunteers over the course of 6 hours. They also used magnetoencephalography (MEG) to record the magnetic fields produced by electric currents in the brain. They found that LSD led to a more chaotic brain state, one that was actually somewhat similar to what is observed in phases of first-episode psychosis."

9 hours ago, TheMythos said:

http://thescienceexplorer.com/brain-and-body/how-does-lsd-radically-transform-individual-s-consciousness

"Now, a new report unearths evidence that LSD changes consciousness by reorganizing human brain networks. Specifically, LSD interferes with the activation patterns in the brain networks that underlie human thought and behavior.

Researchers at Imperial College London used fMRI to scan the brains of 20 healthy volunteers over the course of 6 hours. They also used magnetoencephalography (MEG) to record the magnetic fields produced by electric currents in the brain. They found that LSD led to a more chaotic brain state, one that was actually somewhat similar to what is observed in phases of first-episode psychosis."

Definitely feels like it. :/

So how do we unpsychosis is the question, even though this state of mind has given me some benefits... Weird part is, sometimes I'm alright, sometimes I'm not - I guess I'm healing?