Plzz help want it to go away so bad

Cjb007

So i have mild hppd i Will say. BUT i have dpdr and its just killing me. I was wondering if dpdr is a symptom of hppd. And if it only Can go away if the hppd goes away. Or if the hppd Never goes away i Will have dpdr my Whole life. Or if the anxiety i have from the mild hppd is giving me dpdr. 

Will this go away?

symptoms

vertigo

slight movement in walls if im looking for it

slight visual snow

slight trails, som closed eye Stuff, floaters and

afterimages for Like 2 sek but only ig it has ligt on it.

Me?  Yes, I 'got' HPPD in 1981.  I had bad DPDR for two years or so, but honestly I was still taking drugs far longer than I should have.  After a few years it reduced to nothing and steadily improved.  These days I'm of the opinion that I always had issues with depression, anxiety and probably OCD.  I should never have taken drugs.  If I hadn't got HPPD I think I'd be dead.  It was a wake up call.  My advice is to exercise, get healthy and treat symptoms individually.  If you're anxious treat that.  

I'm also of the opinion that there's something masochistic about the condition.  I'm a terrible worrier and if you obsess about the condition it makes it worse.  Having said that, the DPDR combined with panic attacks and sudden social anxiety was awful.  But I worked on myself in the end, and took myself, as I was at that time as a starting point.  I mourned my previous self but it's self-defeating.  Positive thinking is an amazing thing.

floaters are 100% nothing to do with hppd.... zero. I had them when i was 5 years old.

The only reason you are noticing floaters more is that you are constantly scanning your visual field looking for symptoms.

31 minutes ago, Jay1 said:

floaters are 100% nothing to do with hppd.... zero. I had them when i was 5 years old.

The only reason you are noticing floaters more is that you are constantly scanning your visual field looking for symptoms.

I'm not saying you're wrong or that I don't believe you, but after I got off Paxil I started experiencing an insane amount of floaters that I never had before. Black, cobwebby, they move constantly, sometimes they're shaped weird. I never saw any of this stuff or to this degree before I took that shit.

Maybe you did have them before? There is a much, much bigger chance that you had them, but filtered them out of your vision. Drugs and medications have no researched link to floaters.

Research them. they are perfectly natural.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

Literally all that is happening is you see hppd visuals, starting scanning your vision every day and start noticing totally natural shit in your vision that you would never normally notice. Unfortunately, once you start noticing them, it is hard to stop.

• Upvote 1