Hello, im originally. And i got hppd at 16

holly

@Cjb007 It's hard to say if it has 100%, but it has cleared to the point where it doesn't interfere with my life/ ability to feel happiness. And I believe it will heal completely, as I have read countless stories online and even met one person IRL who experienced DP/DR after taking a hallucinogen and recovered 100%. 

I remember days where the difference between being awake and dreaming were almost nonexistent. When you think about it, it makes complete sense that someone living in that state would feel burdened by "matrix-like" thoughts. 

I think the two biggest factors for me were time and sobriety. On top of that, routine was big. Putting things in place like a work schedule, knowing when I am going to bed, excerice, etc. helps the body and mind feel more comfortable. Also, when you are talking to others, try and really connect with them. I know this is extremely hard with dp, and it certainly isn't a quick fix, but it's something that I committed to doing early on and I think it helped fix the looping thought patterns. Instead of thinking is that person real/ why do they look like an alien, think, what is this person thinking about/ how is theit day going/ what can I do for them? 

If if you have any other questions feel free to PM me. 

Also here are some links to positive recovery stories. 

http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/26858-my-recovery-from-substance-induced-anxiety-disorder/

http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/66162-finally-ive-fully-recovered-6-months-drug-induced/

Dpdr will go away. Mine can come on randomly but might be gone for weeks at a time.

Most of the people who have permanent dpdr were abused as children or saw combat.

Its just so Weird because ive Never had anxiety or Any stress in my life im 15 Yo. WHO has a lot of mates and go to partys. girls Like me hahah. Everyone im my family are very Nice. We have a wealthy family. Everything is good but still 2 Badtrips Can Jack me up this bad

16 hours ago, Cjb007 said:

How long did it take for it to go from 24/7 to just sometimes

Mine wasnt 24/7. There was always a correlation with anxiety. The less anxiety, the less to no dpdr.

Interesting experience last night, I went to my cousins wedding. (Really nice to see the family) the day went on and I didn't think about hppd at all. At the end of the night I was sober and hungry. They had mash potatoes and chicken, since I forgot about the whole night shades being psychoactive to us I took a nice plate of that. I ate it all and maybe 15 minutes later I was experiencing a whole body and mind high. My thoughts weren't cloudy but my body felt heavy. I felt like I was drunk and high. I came home and lied down, when I moved it felt as if I had roots in my bed. I felt sluggish and heavy. I fell asleep, while imagining conversations, and now its 4:31 pm. Weird experience. @Jay1

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one that has really bad static when they wake up? I'll wake up from sleeping, walk out my room to a lit kitchen and everything be grey white and black for a like 30 seconds. It's really bad, in a dark room it's just all static.