Hello, im originally. And i got hppd at 16

holly

8 hours ago, Originally said:

Does hppd randomly get worse even if you're doing everything right? 

Those are called flare ups. I remember times years ago my vision would get wonky for a day or two and then go back to normal. You just gotta ride it out and try not to obsess on it.

Update: things are good currently, symptom update:

Imprints

Shadow over texts with high contrast back grounds (W/B)

Static in dark, looking at black in general I get slight static

Trails of lights and my hands in the dark

When I fall asleep, if I wake up in the night my symptoms are more pronounced, probably from fatigue. Feels like minor dp.

Random floaters, discoloration, small circles appear in the dark.

Honestly, I'm just so happy my symptoms are minor. Some people's symptoms sound like Fucking nightmares. Also some dude said Zoloft fucked him over, what are medications that could make your hppd worse?

Forgot to put in CEVS

Edited by Originally
forgot to add a symptom

My symptoms got worse getting off abilify. On abilify they were fine. When I discontinued, all my symptoms got worse.

5 minutes ago, TheMythos said:

My symptoms got worse getting off abilify. On abilify they were fine. When I discontinued, all my symptoms got worse.

do you think after a certain point people should try certain benzos? or other medications? Also do you regret taking abilify?

5 minutes ago, Originally said:

do you think after a certain point people should try certain benzos? or other medications? Also do you regret taking abilify?

I'm actually thinking about getting back on it, or trying Rexulti or Vraylar. Abilify was the only thing I found that reduced my constant CEVs (which I have with my eyes open).

I would use any benzo very sparingly. I'm prescribed Klonopin and take one when I just can't handle it anymore. 

4 minutes ago, TheMythos said:

I'm actually thinking about getting back on it, or trying Rexulti or Vraylar. Abilify was the only thing I found that reduced my constant CEVs (which I have with my eyes open).

I would use any benzo very sparingly. I'm prescribed Klonopin and take one when I just can't handle it anymore. 

since i'm only maybe a few weeks in, (i don't know exactly when i noticed my symptoms) i'm not considering trying medication yet cause my visuals are slight, and i feel a little more sad than i did before. The feeling people describe as being sedated by these meds isn't appealing, sounds terrifying. Not being able to think, be creative or be human just isn't a road i want to go down. but it's weird how different every med is for people, some say they get better, some say they get worse. Life is suffering lol

1 hour ago, Originally said:

since i'm only maybe a few weeks in, (i don't know exactly when i noticed my symptoms) i'm not considering trying medication yet cause my visuals are slight, and i feel a little more sad than i did before. The feeling people describe as being sedated by these meds isn't appealing, sounds terrifying. Not being able to think, be creative or be human just isn't a road i want to go down. but it's weird how different every med is for people, some say they get better, some say they get worse. Life is suffering lol

Yeah antidepressants and me are a no go but I felt fine on Abilify. Was actually working 12 hours a day on a side business when I was on it.

Its getting off of them thats the problem.

I just picked up a sample pack of Rexulti so im optimistic. My insurance is trying not to pay for it because the shits $1100 a month but they'll concede. 

1 hour ago, TheMythos said:

Yeah antidepressants and me are a no go but I felt fine on Abilify. Was actually working 12 hours a day on a side business when I was on it.

Its getting off of them thats the problem.

I just picked up a sample pack of Rexulti so im optimistic. My insurance is trying not to pay for it because the shits $1100 a month but they'll concede. 

damn, 1100$ a month is nuts, but they'll definitely pay for it

On 6/21/2017 at 4:50 AM, Jay1 said:

I think your symptoms will be gone within 3 months... There is a pattern I have seen in the 10 years or so of being on this forum and you seem to fit it well.. Keep up the excerise, eat healthy, keep your mind enetertained and stay sober... I'm almost certain you will fully recover.

Good luck, Jay

Quick question, what makes you certain? Rn when I don't have imprints I see nothing. I'll tell you what I have 

-lights are brighter, almost halo like but not bad.

-Ghosting over text

-imprints ranging from 1-3 sec to 30-1:00 if its the sun.

-Slight trails

-in the dark it's almost as if I have cevs but while my eyes are open, not intense whatsoever

And VSS, barely noticeable. Only notice when I'm idling looking in a dark place

Honestly when my symptoms slowly dissipate I probably won't notice them, even now they're mild. Since my highest lsd was 100ug. Input appreciated @Jay1

Almost certain.... Not certain.

The reason I think you will recover is that your symptoms are very mild and, in 10+ years here, I have never seen someone with mild symptoms stay more than a year.

They either fully recover or start to ignore the symptoms and carry on with their life as normal.

• Upvote 1

Good part is I haven't felt anxious in a few days, just feeling neutral and happy. The visuals aren't distressing, just Fucking annoying. I live in md, me and my family drove to nc for a vacation. Currently in nc. Only slept like 3 hours. Looking at car lights and street lights on our way over were super annoying. Seeing halos and the lights are like 2x brighter. Things are more pronounced in the dark, same for you? The darkness factor anyway @Jay1

Quick question about caffeine, I had a soda at the beach. Half way through I remembered it had caffeine. I stopped drinking it and things were more pronounced in a few minutes. More floaters than usual, more visuals and imprints lasted longer. I took a nap and it's been a few hours since then. Things have settled down and things are back to normal. How does caffeine or nicotine effect y'all?:o

Caffeine is NOT good nor is nicotine. Just to give you hope bro ive had hppd with the same symptoms AS you for 3 months now. And i do NOT give a shit about it now i notice it Like 1-2 times a Day with the imprints and Night with visual snow (not bad at all) my breathing Walls have gone Down and so have the Big blue blobs of light on the wall so you Will be hppd. Or tinnitus is pissing me of sometimes hah

• 5 weeks later...

Been off the site for awhile, feels good to be off this site. This site really isn't good for me, I think about this site every so often with resent. It helped in the beginning, then anecdotal reports make me feel like it'll happen to me. I've been doing better, sleeping is a struggle. Been going to sleep 5-8am and waking up at 5pm. (Not good.) My cevs feel like a light lsd trip, in the dark I see shit also. Days have been flying by, just sorta going with the flow. It's been nearly 2 months since I've got this over arching curse. How's everyone else doing? Would love to know. I stay off this site so if I reply late I'm sorry, Much love. 

-Andrew

how long have u had these delusions? ive noticed my delusions kind of dying down over time but it is different for everyone. i have believed some pretty crazy things as well, and sadly i dont know what to recommend or how to help, all i can think of is try to find little things that you are really interested in to try and side track your mind for a bit and hope it changes in time.

@Cjb007 Those aren't delusions, don't worry. Worrying about things like living in the matrix is a product of the anxiety/ existential obsession that comes with dp/dr. I had a lot of similar worries in my first few months, and they really scared the shit out of me. However, as my dp/dr has faded, so have the thoughts. You aren't going schizo, it's just a symptom of your anxiety.