Hey I'm Dodger, and I'm not sure about what's gonna happen to me.

Dodger

The night before last, me and a couple of mates tried LSD for the first time, and had a little too much. I basically enjoyed the first part until I started tripping.

Because I only remember coming back to consciousness after about 5 hours of apparently "refusing to talk, casually pointing out the time, and jumping up excited just to fall back down". By the time I was sober of mind, but still hallucinating, I was certain that I could have literally lost it for good.

My friends managed to go to sleep about 13 hours after the drop, but I couldn't. I was wide awake, still seeing text moving, and the walls breathing. My perception was completely fried until about the 18th hour where it just kind of stopped. I felt like I was in the clear.

Those hours where my mates were asleep were a series of me thinking my life was over. I was certain I had HPPD.

I'm deeply sorry for every one of you guys on the site. I had to come to a point where I was grateful that the worst I had was HPPD, but that I had still thrown away my Degree (which I'm in my final year of), and that I'd have to suffer in silence in fear of judgement. 

I'm going to take up meditation, eat well, exercise, and stay clear of drugs for as long as possible, just to really make myself certain that I'm well.

One thing is certain: There's no chance I'll be doing it again.

TL;DR: Lost my mind completely while tripping, managed to get back to reality only to hallucinate for another 12 hours, thinking for certain I had HPPD, only to be left with a cloudy head.

Just chill and see if this is part of the comedown.... way too early to be thinking your have hppd. I'm sure this will go away over the course of the week

Glad that you are now gonna stay drug free and healthy though....

• Upvote 1

Yes, staying drug free, at least for a while, is a very good idea.  I mean, you don't want to dose worrying that it might bring on this condition.  I, unfortunately, was totally ignorant of the consequences when I was using.  Since you've only dosed once I suspect you're going to be fine.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MadDoc said:

Yes, staying drug free, at least for a while, is a very good idea.  I mean, you don't want to dose worrying that it might bring on this condition.  I, unfortunately, was totally ignorant of the consequences when I was using.  Since you've only dosed once I suspect you're going to be fine.

I'm not that big into drugs, but I'm definitely into drinks with mates.

At this point in time, I don't wanna touch anything but liquor for the rest of my life. (I'm sure this has been said on here by everyone who's ever visited though)

I'm not seeing anything, and my perception is fine, just a bit of anxiety lingering.

19 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Just chill and see if this is part of the comedown.... way too early to be thinking your have hppd. I'm sure this will go away over the course of the week

Glad that you are now gonna stay drug free and healthy though....

Yeah man, I'm hoping that in the next couple of weeks it'll be like nothing happened. I had a mate who felt the same way for about a week and a half so I'm staying optimistic.

• Upvote 1