My first acid trip

partdead

Hi guys,

I only recently found out about HPPD after googling these symptoms ive had for a while after my first acid trip:

Up until this point I had only ever smoked weed, did mdma regularly and tried a very low dose of psilocibin mushrooms, I decided to try acid next so I bought and tested a couple of 100μg tabs and planned to take one after work one day.  So the trip went fine, i was a little overwhelmed but overall it was a good experience and i planned to do it again soon with my girlfriend until I noticed slight visual hallucinations when I was sober. I thought nothing of it and that it would go away in a few days, well here I am 3 months later lol.  I experience most of the general visual effects people describe e.g. visual snow, trails behind moving objects and objects changing color/shape, but mostly breathing/undulating walls/objects.  If I stop concentrating on something for 1 second the room surrounding me begins to close in, and wont stop until I look at something else.  This makes it very difficult to watch tv or relax in general and im kinda freaking out haha.  Also, Ive just completed my exams at school but im afraid i will have failed them the symptoms became much more serious in the exam room and it was hard to concentrate.  Also, the effects become much more prevolent when using weed, and the visuals are almost indistinguishable from LSD when using mdma.

Thanks for reading guys hope you can provide some insight :)

• Upvote 2

Sometimes after doing acid and the same with many psychedelics, these sort of visual disturbances can happen for some time after usage, but it sounds like HPPD. I also have these disturbances in my vision after doing a lot of acid, something I now wish I would never had done. Going 1 year since I last used acid, the only thing you can really do is to be patient.

Good luck! :)

My best advice is to refrain from psychedelics and avoid weed.  Smoking amplifiers my visuals to the point where they're really distracting.  At least take a break because the symptoms could get worse with continued use.  As Thinkers stated, give it some time.

• Upvote 1

Yes, they can be relaxing, even fun! But after having them for a long time it could get frustrating, hey I loved them tracers back when I was all up in that psychedelic scene. Just be careful, use your head with this stuff because these things can cause damage, but anyways good luck bro!

• 3 weeks later...

After you found this site you still want to think about i should continue or noth, ahh i wil be fine is your thought i gues.

Yea sure

We dont want to stop before its to late, its common.

Edited by umit

I'm pretty sure your continued mdma use after finding out you got hppd made things worse for you. My sis is heavy on mdma, to the point where I'm surprised she doesn't have psychosis, unless she hides it well. She doesn't research anything on the drugs she does, knows nothing of serotonin receptor damage, serotonin syndrome, nothing. I'm worried about her but she doesn't care. Just take everything day by day and eliminate unecessary stress. Best of luck to you from a fellow hppd sufferer