Remeron is the worst med ive taken by far. Slept for 28 hours and experienced the worst suicidal depression of my life.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:26 PM, K.B.Fante said:

For what it's worth, I contacted the authors of the recent North Carolina study about whether they think HPPD could be a result of a permanent sealing of the lid on the seratonin receptor and one of them said he thinks its highly unlikely. In fact, he specifically said he thinks there's no way it's even possible. Instead, he suggested the visual cortex could have become "sensitized" given our visual disturbances and the fact this area of the brain has a high number of 5-HT2A receptors

He sorta sounded like he was just spitballing, but I guess it's something. Still doesn't tell us much. 

Most likely what has happened in the brain with people who experience HPPD. From the sensitivity to visual distortions meaning the brain is having a difficult time filtering out useless visual stimuli to the over thinking and anxiety ridden disorders people develop also to the DP/DR phenomenon all suggest that 5ht2a receptors were upregulated either during the drug experience or afterwards as a defense response by the brain to compensate for the chaotic conditions that hallucinogenic drugs produce.

On another note, I may take this to my doctor and, after having kinda given up looking for new medications to help me for 5 or so years, I may yet again take up and gauntlet and start trying stuff again as recently my HPPD has been getting the better of me and have been bringing me down,

On 10/9/2018 at 8:48 AM, shaolinbomber said:

Most likely what has happened in the brain with people who experience HPPD. From the sensitivity to visual distortions meaning the brain is having a difficult time filtering out useless visual stimuli to the over thinking and anxiety ridden disorders people develop also to the DP/DR phenomenon all suggest that 5ht2a receptors were upregulated either during the drug experience or afterwards as a defense response by the brain to compensate for the chaotic conditions that hallucinogenic drugs produce.

On another note, I may take this to my doctor and, after having kinda given up looking for new medications to help me for 5 or so years, I may yet again take up and gauntlet and start trying stuff again as recently my HPPD has been getting the better of me and have been bringing me down,

This medication costs $28000 per year. Just a heads up. Good luck getting any form of financial funding unless you've been specifically diagnosed with psychosis due to Parkinson's.

• 7 months later...

Yeah its stupid expensive, maybe if they approve it for other uses or something else comes along on as an inverse agonist on the 5ht2a receptor is approved for something else, til then, its the only one out there like it as far as I know.

Hmmm i still don't get it. So the antagonists like olanzapine , risperidone block the receptorst while the inverse-agonists try to re-adjust restore the settings of the receptors to default? XD

Enlighten me

tried to to some reserach on this but brain fog and shor term memory problems fuck me up

Edited by HalluciSofos

• 2 months later...

DISCLAIMER: My ex-girlfriend was advised by her money manager not to put $25,000 into my suggestion to buy stock in the company that was testing this drug. It was October 2012, and it was $2.00. She didn't tell me she was going to buy some, she did it on her own in case it went down to $1.000 and she lost money. (Great Girlfriend, I know). Money Manager guy said it was not wise. She decided not to. I sent a facebook message to close family members. Nobody would listen, and I have given 2 stock suggestions in my life:  Netflix, NVIDIA (in 2008, whenever it split twice in Feb). I explained why I was so certain it was going to pop.

On my public Twitter account, I recommended it at 2.00. then at $4. $7. $9-11. All publicly, but I had no money and didn't realize how easy it would be to set up an investment account or I would have put at least 500 dollars in by selling everything I owned. 

The 25,000 would have bought 12,500 shares and two years later was worth $500,000‬. My family wishes they listened. 

So...

I have been watching ACADIA since 2012, and although I had no money I recommended to wealthy family members and others to buy it at $2.00. I even publicly posted why. You can understand why it would appear on my radar right after finishing my degree and working on theoretical models and potential targets and I saw this.

I have not stopped watching ACADIA, and later did own stock option calls and because of financial issues sold them. 

This is a very interesting drug. I knew it was going to get approved because the FDA needed a drug for Parkinson's, but I knew this was not the ultimate goal. The ultimate goal of a pharmaceutical company is to open up to a big market. Parkinsons as a target made it receive fast track status because no existing treatment for PD. Big institutional investors started getting in. 

Risperdal causes issues (theorized and along with Yale's Souza lab and others in similar human research) that unlike regular schizophrenia, where these atypical antipsychotics block 5-HT2A sites, which means that in the one system we often talk about that has 5-HT2A inputs to produce GABA inhibitory signals would mean LESS GABA inhibition, the drug addressed both this and new method for working on the DOPAMINE system where the COMT theories and other targets for HPPD were coming out.

I designed a protocol study for HPPD using a pre-pulse inhibition design. I wrote out my theory for why this test would be useful and it ends there. I actually thought that it would be less helpful for pure HPPD visual symptoms, but most helpful for Depersonalization and Derealization symptoms. Maybe one day, we can get that study moving.

But, I have been linked to this drug for a long time, and I would like to see something come out of it. Don't believe the CNN hype articles, they were manipulation stories that are part of biotech investments . 

image005.png

20150915-IMG_0999.PNG

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's quite interesting what you guys said about low dose Zyprexa... Very very interesting.

I will tell you a story.

When I first got my HPPD symptoms in 2012, I thought it was a form of psychosis. So I went to psychiatrist. 

He prescribed me a low dose of Zyprexa 2.5mg. My symptoms went away. Unfortunately I continued taking drugs, also I stopped taking Zyprexa and my symptoms came back.

Then I was in psych ward and I told them I took Zyprexa in the past. They said my dosage is way too low and I need at least 5mg of Zyprexa.

It didn't work and they increased the dosage to 10mg, then 20mg and finally 30mg. With no effect. Also I tried different other antipsychotics with no results.

Very very interesting to think about that now....

• 1 year later...
  • Mike changed the title to e