Is hppd normaly perminent

Cjb007

So some places they say that hppd in most cases Will go away in 3 months to 3 years. But others say that its a Whole life Thing. So do you Think that if you stop drugs by first hppd symptoms it Will go away i Will i have this the rest of my life.

symptoms 

walls move Like im on a boat and i Feel Like when i Walk on the Ground that its moving Like im on a boat

slight visual snow and slight tracers 

tinnitus and floaters. 

And dpdr 

I only Got it from smoking weed have Never done other drugs. So Will it go away

If you stop all psychoactive substances now, it will probably diminish enough with time where you won't notice it at all or it will go away completely.

Obsessing about whether or not you'll recover seems to be a stage in this illness that you have to overcome or you'll just make it worse by worrying about it.

Just keep engaged with life activities, let your mind know that you are recovering whenever these thoughts pop up, eat healthy, exercise, and you should start feeling better.

I was pretty sedentary as a kid and didn't exercise much. It was a detriment to my physical and mental health and if I could go back to my 14 year old self I would tell him to take up a daily workout regimen. Not sure if he'd listen or not though lol.

I had severe anxiety disorder in the past wich was cured with cognitive behavioral therapy. Thoughts, emotions and behavior all impact each other, if DP is an anxiety disorder I think CBT would be a very effective therapy to get rid of it faster. I don't know where you live, but in my country it is kind of expensive. (60e per session, 1 session every 2 or 3 weeks). My therapist was topnotch, very kind and funny. Not always easy to find. I think you can talk about this solution to your parents, it's worth it.

Concerning your visuals, since you are young, and clean now ;)  It will go away with time. But don't ever do drugs again ffs. And don't drink alcohol, and don't drink coffee. I know its hard to be sober at partys, but only in the beginning. We're talking about your health here, this is the most precious thing you got, invaluable. You can have fun without it, it's just a good habit. And drinking alcohol is so 2005.

It will mostly go away, no doubt about this. But for the moment, be indifferent to them, ignore them and they will be less and less annoying. and focus on your psychological well-being (therapy, relaxation, socialization, hobbies, girls etc..)

Edited by lysandre

10 hours ago, lysandre said:

I had severe anxiety disorder in the past wich was cured with cognitive behavioral therapy. Thoughts, emotions and behavior all impact each other, if DP is an anxiety disorder I think CBT would be a very effective therapy to get rid of it faster. I don't know where you live, but in my country it is kind of expensive. (60e per session, 1 session every 2 or 3 weeks). My therapist was topnotch, very kind and funny. Not always easy to find. I think you can talk about this solution to your parents, it's worth it.

Concerning your visuals, since you are young, and clean now ;)  It will go away with time. But don't ever do drugs again ffs. And don't drink alcohol, and don't drink coffee. I know its hard to be sober at partys, but only in the beginning. We're talking about your health here, this is the most precious thing you got, invaluable. You can have fun without it, it's just a good habit. And drinking alcohol is so 2005.

It will mostly go away, no doubt about this. But for the moment, be indifferent to them, ignore them and they will be less and less annoying. and focus on your psychological well-being (therapy, relaxation, socialization, hobbies, girls etc..)

They have Cognitive Enhancement Therapy at one of the mental health centers up here. Supposedly it's a supercharged CBT and a lot of people really like it.