Weird experience

Its 4:34 AM at the time of this post. I woke up at 3:15, feeling very odd. I felt disconnected in my head and my hands and arms were numb. I couldn't make a fist with my left hand (it was weak). My body feels slightly euphoric and I'm having weird, trippy feelings all over. In my head, I see silvery lights and feel like I'm in an alien world. It feels like another dimension. I see faces and beings made out of silvery light. I look around my room and the walls look strange and have patternings on them.

I think "this is it, I'm dying. I'm having a stroke. This is what death feels like." It's slightly pleasant. There is no fear.

Eventually the symptoms subside and I'm left wondering why I keep having these strange experiences.

When I was young (a long time ago) I used to have those half awake/half asleep dreams where you know where you are but the body is paralyzed.  It's usually accompanied with vivid images.  Grotesque faces are apparently common and that's exactly what I saw when it happened to me.  I guess it's pretty common.  There's a name for it that escapes me at the moment.  I don't know if that's what you experienced but it sounds similar.  It can also be accompanied by a full body buzzing not unlike a huge inhalation of nitrous.

Edited by MadDoc

I've had sleep paralysis before but this wasn't the same thing. I could move and speak.

This was similar to how I felt one night after starting Paxil (SSRI). Felt numb down one side of my body and in my head and face, was seeing swirling patterns thinking I was having a stroke.