Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbalsa2

How many have recovered?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Used to take LSD lots a couple of years back, but never noticed any recurring symptoms until last year when I did LSD 2 or 3 times. Went to bed after the last trip and woke up the next day with HPPD that has stuck ever since. Over the past year I think I've noticed perhaps a 10% improvement in my symptoms.

Anyways my question to you guys is how many of you guys have fully recovered from HPPD to the point where all of your visual symptoms have gone away? My symptoms are manageable during the day, but its after I get tired in the evening and when I close my eyes to go to sleep that my symptoms come into play. (IE; when I get tired I start to 'feel' the HPPD in my body, and the static becomes difficult to stop focusing on when I close my eyes to sleep)

Thanks for the replies guys, it really means allot to me to be able to hear of other people who have fully recovered and given a time frame on that as it allows me to plan and base my recovery off of.

You likely wont get an answer from anyone who is completely cleared up because they wouldnt be on these boards anymore. But youre getting better, so keep fighting the good fight

As a very rough guess from being on here for 10 or so years... I reckon at least 70% of the people who sign up post alot when they first get symptoms, then slowly stop coming and leave.. Most of which will have made a good recovery.

Totally agree with the above. I've been here two years already, noticed a huge improvement in my symptoms over that span, but also noticed an entirely different group of people who comment now as opposed to two years ago. When people get better they move on with their lives and don't use this forum anymore and so there's not nearly as many recovery stories as there likely are in real life. If you're improving that's a great sign but you just need to be aware that this doesn't disappear overnight. As long as you eat healthy, exercise and do everything else to improve your health and stay sober you'll likely fully recover one day. 

22 hours ago, K.B.Fante said:

Totally agree with the above. I've been here two years already, noticed a huge improvement in my symptoms over that span, but also noticed an entirely different group of people who comment now as opposed to two years ago. When people get better they move on with their lives and don't use this forum anymore and so there's not nearly as many recovery stories as there likely are in real life. If you're improving that's a great sign but you just need to be aware that this doesn't disappear overnight. As long as you eat healthy, exercise and do everything else to improve your health and stay sober you'll likely fully recover one day. 

Would you describe your symptoms as being gone entirely? Or do you still notice some form of visual snow? I'm totally past any form of DP/DR or anxiety, but I still notice static. Its not bothersome but I long for the day I can look at a blank white wall and see it for what it is; a blank white wall, haha. :)

"I long for the day I can look at a blank white wall and see it for what it is".

In my case I doubt that's ever going to happen.  That being said, some of my symptoms have gone away.  For example CEVS have almost totally cleared up.

Good to hear your symptoms are moderating some.  That's a good sign! 

2 hours ago, jbalsa2 said:

Would you describe your symptoms as being gone entirely? Or do you still notice some form of visual snow? I'm totally past any form of DP/DR or anxiety, but I still notice static. Its not bothersome but I long for the day I can look at a blank white wall and see it for what it is; a blank white wall, haha. :)

No, I still have many of the symptoms I started out with two years ago it's just that they've improved drastically to the point where I can live a pretty normal life day to day, which I never could have when I first got HPPD. Eventually my symptoms will completely go away but it'll likely take another couple of years given the pace I've been working with.