Help me do i have mild hppd im only 14

Hey my symptoms are. I have breathing walls but only when i Think alot about it. And i Feel dizzy AS if im on a boat. And some vertigo. And some afterimages. Visual snow. And alot of dpdr. And alitle tracers but that are my only symptoms. My doc says it probably just was the dpdr Doing it. But i kep beeing affraid that i have hppd.... DO I?

I first had hppd symptoms when I was 14.  I continued to dose until I was 20 quite heavily.  I've had visual hallucinations since.  My advice is don't take any psychedelics!  I don't know if you have hppd but I have a question.  Did you symptoms start after taking psychedelics?  If so, then you might.  Trust me, stop now!

• Upvote 1

Well i have only smoked weed Like 10 times. Can this give me hppd. Or Can anxiety and dpdr make me get this. And i Got it after a weed badtrip. I am Never going to do Any drugs again just want this to go away. But the dpdr is by far the worst Thing about it. The visuals are only there if i sit and look for it

You might have a form of mild hppd or pre-hppd (if you only really see issues when you force yourself to find them, i would call that pre-hppd)... I personally believe that you probably can get hppd from strong weed but that it is far, far more likely you will recover.

Stay calm, try to get out and fill your life with fun and interesting things to do,,, you will stop focusing on these issuess more and more

• Upvote 3

I Always have the floaters but i have Seen Them before weed i just se more now. And the visual snow is NOT on everything only if i focus up in the sky or on a Wall same with the breathing walls and the rocking boat Thing. I have 100% stoped taking Any drugs and i run and eat Well. The tracers only relly happen at Night when im out with my friends. The Thing that i cant stop thinking about is the dpdr that is there 24/7 but i Think that is just the anxiety of Never getting normal again that keeps the dpdr Alive in me. Others on the forum say i Will be fine so i hope i Will. And i know if the dpdr goes away they i will forget the hppd because it is so mild.

yea... if you need to focus to see it, it is not hppd, maybe some kind of warning sign... floaters are nothing to do with hppd... You just think you have more because you are focusing on your vision. Even VS might be natural (white blood cells) but you are focusing to find problems and the human visual system of not perfect.

Focus on solving the anxiety... just avoid stress, do things that make you relaxed and happy.

Yeah and my visual snow is NOT Like Colors Like others are they are just White. So i do belive that it Will alle go when i stop obsessing over it and the dpdr goes away. Im so glad to hear that it May NOT be hppd.  And sorry if my english is bad im from Denmark 

From what I've read here and from our discussions it sounds like you're internalizing a great deal of stress.  That alone can have a negative reaction on the mind and body.  Do you have access to any stress reduction classes?  Years ago my doctor sent me to a 8 week meditation program at a nearby teaching hospital.  I was skeptical but it turned out to be a miracle at reducing stress and anxiety.  Something to consider.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

I’m really concerned I noticed that I might’ve had hppd I did physcadelics twice more after this and it’s been two and a half months I’m quitting weed after seeing this and will it get better been feeling really depressed because I feel like it will never get better

I’m really concerned I noticed that I might’ve had hppd I did physcadelics twice more after this and it’s been two and a half months I’m quitting weed after seeing this and will it get better been feeling really depressed because I feel like it will never get better and I’m 14 so I don’t know how to tell my parents

• 3 months later...
On 5/26/2017 at 9:32 AM, Cjb007 said:

Well i have only smoked weed Like 10 times. Can this give me hppd. Or Can anxiety and dpdr make me get this. And i Got it after a weed badtrip. I am Never going to do Any drugs again just want this to go away. But the dpdr is by far the worst Thing about it. The visuals are only there if i sit and look for it

I've had visual snow as long as I can remember, long before I tried any drug.
But drugs definitely increased the prevalence of HPPD, ever since I used cannabis and psychedelics the intensity and complexity of my HPPD have increased.
My symptoms usually peak in periods moderate psychedelic use, when pausing the use for months on end the symptoms decrease so much so that I forget that they're even there to begin with. Stress and sleep deprivation seem to increase these symptoms too.

EDIT: RIP gravedig lol

Edited by Jeff_Vernis