So im 17 and summer is coming up in one week. I've had pretty minor hppd for about 8 months, and I just want this to go away. All my friends smoke weed and I feel so left out not smoking with them. This leaves me pondering a crucial question: should I just say fuck it and start blazing again or should I dedicate this summer to recovery and mental growth to see if I can still recover? I just miss smoking so much but if I knew for a fact that I would fully recover in a year I would be willing to not drink or do drugs until months after I am fully recovered. What should I do it's killing me? My symptoms are:

visual snow

floaters

slight trails in some lighting

walls breathing if I pay attention 

color enhancement

brain fog

Edited by Hppdjake

You're basically giving yourself two choices: Smoke weed so you can fit in and risk having severe stress and HPPD the rest of your life, or be open with your friends about your condition, how you're struggling and how you can't do any drugs, and recover and live a normal life again. Try and take a step back and realize how short sighted it would be to smoke again and risk damaging your brain forever. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah dont do it bro. I was pretty much at 60% and had very mild HPPD, to the point where I even questioned whether it was just the DP/DR i was still dealing with.

About 2 months ago I was stood near my friend whilst he was smoking a spliff (didnt even have that much in it as well) and I've had increased visuals and increased DP since. I wouldnt do it if I were you.

Out of all the drugs, I do miss weed the most, so understand how you feel. The fact that your even posting this question makes me assume you are aware of the risks. Its just not worth it man

• Upvote 1

After a year and a half of sobriety I don't miss getting high at all. And I did drugs for a decade.

Find some new friends.

Second hand smoke doesn't bother me at all as long as it's outdoors.  I'm hyper sensitive to MJ and go to shows quite often where people indulge in ridiculous quantities.  As long as I don't inhale from a "device" I'm fine.

Red Rocks?  Have you ever been?  Amazing place!

5 hours ago, MadDoc said:

Second hand smoke doesn't bother me at all as long as it's outdoors.  I'm hyper sensitive to MJ and go to shows quite often where people indulge in ridiculous quantities.  As long as I don't inhale from a "device" I'm fine.

Red Rocks?  Have you ever been?  Amazing place!

I used to go a lot when I was in school and just remember times where the whole place was covered in smoke. Obviously I'm a bit nervous about that scenario now. I think it depends on the concert but I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a decent number of stoners at Tom Petty!