Seeing too far into the Visual Snow

Just remembered how my 2nd stage of my psychosis related to HPPD got triggered when I smoked pot:

's mainpart (Starts on 1:30) got stuck in my head for several months and I would see this infinity complex I had fallen into and couldn't escape every time something bad happened or I was depressed.

I went way too far into the visual snow. When I smoked pot the static became bigger and became squares and would take over everything I saw, thought and felt (Sort of like the picture, just constantly moving further and further in if I kept staring at it in all directions and in every object). If I focused more than 5 seconds on one thing I felt like I would be stuck in this state forever.

Which leads me to my question;

Has anyone experienced seeing too far into it, where you really feel like you'll never come back?

I remembered hearing hundreds or thousands of voices along with my own, saying or thinking: "oh no..."

Like a feeling of an infinite Déjà vu going in an endless spiral beside me or a timelessness of others having or have had the same experience.

post-755-0-52422600-1321724558_thumb.jpg

Actually yeah, at least to some extent. One of the last times I smoked weed my visual snow went from background visual noise to strange overlays on my vision, first it was green blue and yellow dots in a specific configuration over and over again. Then those dots turned in a drawing of a camp fire with three circles around it repeated across my entire visual field. I could see through these overlays but what I saw was trippy as fuck, I saw what looked like a donkey in a window staring at me and all the walls were moving as the ocean does when a hurricane hits, many waves ferociously moving through the walls. I really didn't know what to think about this I was not psychotic for I new it was a result of my hppd interacting with the thc and whatever else that may have been in that bong. I never really thought however that may stay like this forever though, only because I wont allow myself to do so, the future is unpredictable.where anything is possible, so I am going to worry myself over shit like that. It went away when I woke up the next day.

Ah. Same thing happened to me. It was gone when I slept it off, but it became traumatic, and I guess that's why it became such a big part of my everyday life. I still, however, continued to smoke hash and weed that continually worsened the psychosis,

I was young, stupid and I had no idea that I had this disorder (or that it even existed) and got no help because people were either thinking I made it up, or that I was schizophrenic..

Hi eXeth, I definitely understand what you are saying. My visual snow/static is pretty bad especially in the dark. Normally at night the static would be small(smaller than the static on a tv), but at times they get drastically bigger and this is usually accompanied by some crazy/disturbing thoughts and anxiety. Also I get voices sometimes aswell, that gets super annoying but if I'm getting enough sleep it usually doesn't get that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the darkness can be annoying.

For me black doesn't exist, where there's black there is only visual snow.

I remember my girlfriend took me out to see the stars and asked me if I thought they were beautiful.

The only thing I could reply was: "Sorry, I can't see them."

Yeah, the darkness can be annoying.

For me black doesn't exist, where there's black there is only visual snow.

I remember my girlfriend took me out to see the stars and asked me if I thought they were beautiful.

The only thing I could reply was: "Sorry, I can't see them."

Wow ... I don't get VS but have an opaque white-out effect I call 'lack of black'. Your statement, "black doesn't exist" really hit home. Have wondered if I had 'smooth visual snow' ... but perhaps it is something else. I remember the first week starting a dopamine agonist - could see the stars so clear for the first time in over a year. This is one symptom that responded well.

Snow has been pretty bad lately, normally I just ignore it, but even when the lights are just dim its hard to see. Also on normal days my snow is colored purple and teal, a few mornings ago it started to shimmer gold. It is getting pretty annoying, but I haven't been feeling my anxiety lately, I guess its an ok trade.

• 2 months later...
Guest Jimmy the Kid

The last time I looked too far into the snow A dragon ended up coming through my wall. I was staring into the static on the blinds in the bedroom when I noticed that they were bleeding rainbow "colors". I say "colors" because they were not actually colors but I had such a strong impression of color they seemed vividly colored to me. I watched that for a minute and turned to see a large symbol of swirling static burning in the air. The symbol felt so important. I felt it was deeply symbolic and meant something vitally important to me, but I don't know what. I turn my head away because the pattern was burning my eyes and look up at the ceiling. There is a dark spot about the size of a tire floating in the air. A small man made out of a shimmering blue light was riding a bicycle made out of blue light in and out of the dark spot. And suddenly he appeared very close and vanished. Out of the dark spot came flying a large oriental dragon made out of blue light. His form was vague, yet so detailed. He dissapeared and I stood up. I looked toward the wall and saw massive blue and green bubbles exploding on the walls. Lights were flashing and everything was tilting. I regained my sense soon after. That is what happens to me if I go to deep into the static and the patterns it makes.

In the right situation, I actually quite enjoy it. I remember staring at my white cat who was sat against a white wall.... I stared for about 10 seconds and literally all I could see was the cats eyes... everything else in the room was swallowed up by green and blue geomterics. It was quite a deep experience, like I was connected with the cat.

Sometimes it's a nightmare though, watching films is bad... similar thing... All I see is the tv and everything else disapears into trip land. The film then gets very 3D and spins me out a bit. No way will I ever buy a 3DTV, who needs it with hppd?

These episodes only ever lasts an amount of seconds though until I snap out of it, forcebly, or by blinking. That is all you need to keep in mind, if it panics you.

Obviously, smoking weed will make this much worse... and Salvia is 100x worse. This affected my snow for years. Still does. I now see clear 3D circles and wheels within the visual snow... a bit like those old magic eye posters.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really interesting. I don't smoke pot or take any other drugs, because I'm an addict, but at night when I close my eyes I see stuff things besides my visual stuff. I haven't said anything to people around me, because most of them think I'm crazy already. If I relax my mind I feel a kind of pulling toward the center and I start seeing a tiny vortex of light. If I try to see it I loose it. It 's crystalin in composition. It comes closer and moves for a while then goes away. It can happen during the day, but rarely. I have also seen shadowy crowds of people like on a movie. Well now I sound totally crazy. I agree with Jay. It can be kind of pleasant. Like doing meditation. Does any one see mild colors that move just like a lava lamp?

Well, now I can't see your name to spell it right, something like Ghonan, sorry. Anyway hi. The color thing I don't understand. The thing that you're describing is a little different for me. It's usually green or purple not real bright, but like a section of the wall will have color for just a minute. I've even thought that someones wall was painted that way. It's really good to be able to talk about this stuff. Even though we experience this somewhat differently it's also similar.