Of course, that's what happens when people fully recover. I think the problem is that some people have really bad HPPD and therefore really bad streamers and it just takes them a lot longer. There are many stories on here of people recovering after a year or two and many of those who've recovered after five-plus years. Clearly the disparity depends on how severe your symptoms are to begin with and how healthy of a lifestyle you live in order to get better. I know in my case my visuals have drastically decreased over the course of two years but are still very much there and given the severity of my HPPD I imagine it'll take another few years for them to completely disappear. The good news is I'm finally at a point where they don't bother me that much day to day -- and that's really the first time I've been able to say that in over 700 days since getting HPPD. 

Mine never went away and I've been looking at them for 40 years.  My closed eye visuals, for the most part, have gone away.  I was a bit of an extreme case though because of the volume of psychedelics that passed through my coconut.