Why LSD trips last so long

20 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Interesting read. I'm still fascinated by LSD!

Me too. The brain in general is just fascinating. 

This article makes me wonder how much the 5HT2A receptors play a role in HPPD, but then again I always come back to the fact people get HPPD from all sorts of different drugs that don't affect 5-HT receptors, so it can't just be a serotonin receptor problem, right? At the same time I've also thought it so interesting how HPPD symptoms are so similar to the symptoms you get while tripping, which makes me think serotonin receptors are therefore the culprit. 

I just wish I knew...

5 hours ago, K.B.Fante said:

Me too. The brain in general is just fascinating. 

This article makes me wonder how much the 5HT2A receptors play a role in HPPD, but then again I always come back to the fact people get HPPD from all sorts of different drugs that don't affect 5-HT receptors, so it can't just be a serotonin receptor problem, right? At the same time I've also thought it so interesting how HPPD symptoms are so similar to the symptoms you get while tripping, which makes me think serotonin receptors are therefore the culprit. 

I just wish I knew...

If it was a matter of 5ht2a Zyprexa would knock this shit out because it has an extremely high antagonistic affinity for 5ht2a. 

10 hours ago, TheMythos said:

If it was a matter of 5ht2a Zyprexa would knock this shit out because it has an extremely high antagonistic affinity for 5ht2a. 

Not sure it's that simple. There's all kinds of things that could go wrong with those receptors that wouldn't necessarily respond to stimulus.