Has anyone tried earthing?

Curious if anybody's had success, not only with HPPD but their health in general, through the practice of "earthing." Basically earthing supposes that our bodies have evolved over millions of years to be connected with the earth and that our sudden disconnection through rubber shoes, indoor flooring, sidewalks, sleeping on beds, etc., has led to a disconnection from this natural electrical field and is causing all sorts of potential problems, including inflammation which is at the root of many modern diseases. 

Here's an NCBI study from about five years back that gives a pretty informative overview:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/

I guess I just figure with the potential connection to thalamocortical dysrhythmia and tinnitus, the connection between tinnitus and HPPD and the fact neuro-electric brain waves are already proven to be malfunctioning in people suffering from a wide range of mental illnesses, that perhaps earthing could provide some sort of reset for our brains. I've been trying to spend at least half an hour a day outside on the grass and have definitely felt an improvement in my symptoms, but then again I'm doing lots of stuff that could be attributed to my recovery so it's hard to say. 

Has anybody spent lots of time outdoors, camping, on the beach or waling without shoes and noticed any sort of improvements? 

Also, here's that study about tinnitus and TCD:

http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fneur.2015.00124/full

The second sentence states, "TCD is characterized by a slowing down of resting state alpha to theta activity."

According to BrainWorksNeurotherapy.com, "Theta brainwaves occur most often in sleep but are also dominant in deep meditation. It acts as our gateway to learning and memory. In theta, our senses are withdrawn from the external world and focused on signals originating from within. It is that twilight state which we normally only experience fleetingly as we wake or drift off to sleep. In theta we are in a dream; vivid imagery, intuition and information beyond our normal conscious awareness. It’s where we hold our ‘stuff’, our fears, troubled history, and nightmares."

Learning and memory problems, withdrawn senses, disconnection from the external world, focused on signals from within, feeling like you're in a dream, the place where we hold our troubled fears and nightmares -- sounds an awful lot like DP to me.