Anyone know where David Kozin went?

Right here. 

Break time is over. My ADHD is becoming increasingly better managed. I lost my father, but this allows for a lot of powerful changes to happen and to do them with the best of intentions.

Yes, I do have research ideas.

No, I don't have a cure I have been hiding.

No, I did not read any e-mail in the last 2 years with the exception of one I was explicitly expecting, so I am backing up hard copies and then wiping all of my mail and other areas clean, starting my design and plans for building my own Tiny Home with Support Room (So, I can travel to Burning Man or other areas around  the Country to set up Mobile HPPD research/information centers.). 

I have a verified Youtube Channel. I will be making use of this wonderful way of sending messages. I will also be working with other non-profit for projects with HPPD.

Best wishes!

David

AirBrush_20170310233859.jpg

6 hours ago, David S. Kozin said:

Sadly, to be honest, I am in the same position looking for a position as a research assistant. 

Any news on the HPPD front in terms of funding for studies, awareness, anything at all? It's troublesome knowing so many feel helpless and that this condition is still so far from being addressed. 

There is news. I can't explain yet, but in short, my biggest barrier to work no longer is an issue. 

I will have a re-introduction post, I will cover some of that there.

I have a plan.

This is an image of the message board for HPPD that I was running on a server and we were pretty active. 

screencapture-web-archive-org-web-20080109100927-http-www-hppdonline-com-forum-1490161653668.png

• Upvote 1

On 21/05/2017 at 9:13 AM, David S. Kozin said:

There is news. I can't explain yet, but in short, my biggest barrier to work no longer is an issue. 

I will have a re-introduction post, I will cover some of that there.

I have a plan.

This is an image of the message board for HPPD that I was running on a server and we were pretty active. 

screencapture-web-archive-org-web-20080109100927-http-www-hppdonline-com-forum-1490161653668.png

Sorry for asking this and being such a pain in the ass but I'm a bit desperate. When do u think there will be a cure for hppd/vs ? 5 years from now ? 10 years? Or 20? And what will this cure be like ? A pill that can undo these symptoms? Or something expensive and complicated like gene and stem cell therapy ?

some ppl here believe that hppd/vs are caused by neuronal death others think hyperactivity.

on the fb visual snow group Jen Ambrose had said that Dr Goadsby told her vs is treatable and if the research continues a treatment can be available soon . Some vs patients who visited dr Goadsby's fellow researchers at UCFS were told the treatment can be available in just 5 years if everything goes well !! However there aren't enough donations so the research will most likely stop?.

I'm constantly having suicidal thoughts and I just want to know whether there is light at the end of the tunnel or not .

Ur one of the experts on hppd and vs I hope u can answer my questions.

Edited by SaraSara

I'm going to address this in a post,  but I do want to say that I need you need to read for my answer  (It will take me a little bit of time tonight to write, and I need to read a few things on the board afterwards before I release a video, but I am excited. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, boozebome said:

There won't be a cure in 5-10 years most probably. Only if we achieve some kind of singularity in which most problems can be solved.. but if we keep at the same speed then most probably we won't have a cure in even 40 years. How much has changed since 2003 for HPPD? I would say almost nothing. Why would be expect to change much in the next 10-20 years? A self-inflicted mental problem which occurs to a very small amount of people who is unlucky enough. There is bigger fish to fry.

Exercise, diet, maybe some supplements, therapy, treating comorbid problems like depression or anxiety, mindfulness, maybe medication, acceptance.. There isn't much more you can do. I also have constant suicidal thoughts, but I would say that that is because of depression rather than HPPD. So many years lost.

Best of luck.

It's easy to be pessimistic but there's lots of reason to believe HPPD will gain traction in the public eye soon and therefore generate funding, research and a possible cure.

First off, the number of people who have HPPD is likely much larger than any of us think and as Visual Snow Syndrome comes into the public conscious many more will likely come out and share their stories. Also, with the renewed interest in studying LSD and other drugs for scientific purposes there will be more awareness of its dangers, including HPPD, which could lead to more interest from the scientific community. And finally, there's just way more awareness of mental health problems in general these days and with an increasing number of states in the U.S. legalizing weed it's only a matter of time before people report more cases of panic attacks leading to DP-DR and HPPD symptoms as well. 

The biggest problem right now, as I've stated before, is that there's no unity between the Visual Snow Syndrome community, the HPPD community and the DP-DR community. These disorders all overlap and to some extent seem to be cut from the same cloth yet because they're fragmented there's no real opportunity to gain momentum, awareness and funding. It would be greatly beneficial if these communities could somehow come together, acknowledge their similarities and work together to bring awareness to our struggles. There are so many smart and capable people, but unfortunately these conditions are so crippling I think people are often hesitant to try and make stuff happen. 

• Upvote 2

I agree , the visual snow syndrome community and the hppd community should come together. But many vs sufferers don't want to be associated with hppd because of the stigma that comes with drugs . 

Plus the vs community is hardly active. There are more than 6000 ppl on the fb visual snow group but only few are active and donate money for research. They all want a cure but they want a quick fix and the research is going slow so that makes them believe that it's impossible to cure vs and they stop donating. 

The worst symptom for me is visual snow. if they can find a cure for that my suicidal thoughts will go away . The other symptoms are disturbing and of course I would like them gone but at least they don't make me suicidal . I've been in therapy for 6 months but I still find vs hell and I can't accept it or adapt to it .

My only hope right now is David's news about hppd research coz I don't think that Dr Goadsby's visual snow syndrome research will continue. It's such a shame though. He's a brilliant neurologist .