Clonazepam

I've been suffering from vs and palinopsia  for 6 months now and since last week after a migraine attack it got worse . Before the migraine attack my visual snow was actually becoming less . Should I start Clonazepam ? Is it effective in reducing the visuals ? My main prob is vs itself. I should add that I got vs from ssri's ( if I'm correct ssri's, lsd and xct share some similar properties ) and I feel extremely depressed ever since I got vs . I've had a lot of suicidal thoughts ,therefore I donno whether to start a med and if so which one should I give a try ? 

Finally I would like to add that I appreciate all the support I've received so far from the members here . It's a quiet but helpful , kind , open minded and compassionate community. 

Edited by SaraSara

Benzo withdrawal is one of the worst imaginable. People can experience withdrawal symptoms for up to 2 years. Maybe get it prescribed for temporary relief like I have...but I wouldn't take it every day or you run the risk of getting dependent.

Klonopin can cause further depression too, so be careful.

I take it on a 4 days on, 3 days off basis (with 10 days off every 2-3 months)... This works out for me and i'm addiction/tolerance free after 8 years of this. For me, it is a life saver... Reduces my visuals, but more importantly, reduces my anxiety and dp/dr.

But as TheMythos says, benzo addiction and withdrawal is awful, my cousin was put on valium after coming off heroin and he said it was much harder to kick and the withdrawals FAR worse! so be careful if you do start this med. You need to be very strong willed to keep up the system above.

Klonopin sounds like the answer.   NSAIDS, also. 

VS is a minor symptom.   Depression, palinopsia, and migraine aura is are a different story.   

1. Are you a real person firstly?  lol

2.  Do you have anhedonia? 

3.  You have to differentiate, on your own, what amount is clinical depression and what is just strictly from external stressors. 

-------------------------

Everyone is going to hate me for this but I think Klonopin as a low level muscle relaxant and infrequent low level opiates are helpful especially for people with anhedonia. 

Seems like a couple milligrams of Methylphenidate might help.   Chew a Mirapex. 

I'm not a doctor. 

Be aware the presence of what one could think is 'migraine aura' is enough to cause a lot of these symptoms.  

Also a migraine can last up to 72 hours. I've suspected that I'm getting them continuously and that may be why I feel my head and scalp all the time.

3 hours ago, mgrade said:

. Are you a real person firstly?  lol

Lol no I'm a robot that's why I decided to join this forum and ask for advice ect . Why would u think I'm not a real person??

well since I got vs I don't enjoy anything. It has given me suicidal thoughts. I can't accept this disease . 

I don't have migraine aura just normal migraines. 

Sensory issues (loss) can initially bring you lots of depression.   

People pretend to be other people all the time esp. under the veil of the internet.   I just don't want to waste my breath. 

VS is truly a lesser symptom.  BUT you have to go to doctors:  for eyes and neurology.  Just to rule out some medical parts. 

I don't think anyone is gonna pretend to have vs/hppd or any other horrible condition. Ppl who come on these forums are either struggling or they are here to help fellow-sufferers. If u had asked me this question on Instagram I would have understood ur question. Many ppl on insta pretend to someone else .

I've been to various doctors and I've had an mri nothing came up . They all kept telling me that it's just anxiety. 

To me vs is a big prob as it ruins my vision the most that's why I'm looking for something to get rid of that or else my depression will get worse . But every med I've read about so far has some side effect which can either worsen my mood , migraine, vs or even give me nasty rashes?.I'm starting to give up looking for a med ?.

In a lot of cases VS can go with time. Even if you don't find a med it might just be a waiting game.

I've never read about a case where vs has completely disappeared. There was one guy who's vs had gone away for few days after taking keppra but it eventually came back . 

I just wanna wake up one day , see completely normal and close this awful chapter . 

Edited by SaraSara

Well let us look at VS as a symptom:

1. the Eye doctor said no problems. 

2.  MRI turned out ok. 

---------------

1. We can rule out structural issues that doctors can observe with an MRI. 

2.  We can rule out structural issues with the eye itself.  

---------------

What we are thinking is the issue:

1. Plasticity Issue either in the prefrontal/frontal cortex or the sensory cortices

--------------

Solution:

I am not sure.  But given that we have the knowledge that migraines can influence sight (ex- migraine aura), there may be an important relationship.  The term migraine suggest something that happens on one side of the body or head.   Are you having VS in both eyes?  

One must realize that even though I don't address genetics that everything comes down to genetics.  People talk about things that are biological or physiological and often say 'this or that process apart from genetics', when in reality it is impossible to separate genetics and those aforementioned states.  

I have often called upon Calcium Channel Blockers as a way to mediate synaptic conductance via ion channels.  

Conductance goes from most to least:  Calcium, Sodium, Potassium

So by Blocking Calcium, I suggested that the whole 'circuit' of the nervous system would be mediated so that Calcium would stay in the cells and the less conducive ions would be allowed into the synapse.  

I just read this study.  Maybe solving the migraine issue would be a good place to start. :

These CGRPRAs are probably somewhat related to my theory in 2012/13: but the further implications are that of raising the pH of the blood and reducing a state of mild (blood) acidosis: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcitonin_gene-related_peptide_receptor_antagonist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcitonin_gene-related_peptide  

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317340.php

Edited by mgrade

1 hour ago, mgrade said:

Well let us look at VS as a symptom:

1. the Eye doctor said no problems. 

2.  MRI turned out ok. 

---------------

1. We can rule out structural issues that doctors can observe with an MRI. 

2.  We can rule out structural issues with the eye itself.  

---------------

What we are thinking is the issue:

1. Plasticity Issue either in the prefrontal/frontal cortex or the sensory cortices

--------------

Solution:

I am not sure.  But given that we have the knowledge that migraines can influence sight (ex- migraine aura), there may be an important relationship.  The term migraine suggest something that happens on one side of the body or head.   Are you having VS in both eyes?  

One must realize that even though I don't address genetics that everything comes down to genetics.  People talk about things that are biological or physiological and often say 'this or that process apart from genetics', when in reality it is impossible to separate genetics and those aforementioned states.  

I have often called upon Calcium Channel Blockers as a way to mediate synaptic conductance via ion channels.  

Conductance goes from most to least:  Calcium, Sodium, Potassium

So by Blocking Calcium, I suggested that the whole 'circuit' of the nervous system would be mediated so that Calcium would stay in the cells and the less conducive ions would be allowed into the synapse.  

I just read this study.  Maybe solving the migraine issue would be a good place to start. :

These CGRPRAs are probably somewhat related to my theory in 2012/13: but the further implications are that of raising the pH of the blood and reducing a state of mild (blood) acidosis: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcitonin_gene-related_peptide_receptor_antagonist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcitonin_gene-related_peptide  

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317340.php

Can you explain in layman's terms?

9 hours ago, SaraSara said:

I've never read about a case where vs has completely disappeared. There was one guy who's vs had gone away for few days after taking keppra but it eventually came back . 

I just wanna wake up one day , see completely normal and close this awful chapter . 

I recovered from visual snow earlier and I have great faith I'll recover again. People with HPPD recover all the time, and that includes visual snow and other symptoms that are even more severe. It just takes time. This isn't something you wake up from. It takes years in most cases. As long as you live a healthy lifestyle, eliminate anxiety and give yourself time you'll stand a good chance at recovering someday. 

@K.B.FanteYeah true u told me that before I forgot. My memory is really bad these days. But are u sure it was vs and not bfep ? coz u said u noticed it in the sky . If u also saw in the dark then u def had vs and eventually got cured .

I'm quite freaked out after reading horror stories on fb vs group. They're all stuck with it .

Edited by SaraSara

18 hours ago, mgrade said:

Are you having VS in both eyes?  

Yes I have it in both eyes and yes genetics must play an important role . Obviously we have some faulty gene which allowed this to happen. Millions of ppl take ssri's or drugs and they get nothing. 

Ok so if it's calcium related would brivaracetam help ? It's an upgraded version of keppra if it won't give me nasty rashes I'm willing to try it out . Unfortunately keppra can have some dangerous side effects .

Keppra is Keppra. 

The supposed mechanism of action for Keppra has changed a bit, in my observation. 

Your drug is pretty similar to Keppra. 

Nah, seems that it has to do with the Blood Brain Barrier as opposed to Calcium Ions.