Inositol

I have pretty severe OCD and was wondering if inositol would make hppd worse? Thinking of trying it for my obsessive and intrusive thoughts as I've read it's a good supplement for that but that it could be working on serotonin?

I wonder about choline because my gp had given me hydroxyzine which is an anticholinergic after the panic started. I was taking it every day for about a month then the mental hallucinations started. 

Edited by Guest

I have tried it... Did seem to boost my mood a bit, but you need alot, like 10g per day.

I'm not really sure how meds or supplements solve an issue like this though. I think something like CBT or meditation would be much more helpful.

I would keep any kind of med or supplement as a last resort, not a first resort.

You're right. The root of all this is fear and anxiety. I've made incredible progress in the past couple of months because I finally came to the realisation that the images couldn't hurt me. I no longer have panic but the anxiety still lingers.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say if you have bipolar, inositol will probably send you into mania. I do not know if I have bipolar but signs point to yes. When I was on keppra I could handle inositol okay but since coming off if I take it I get crippling anxiety but also feelings of serenity and closeness to family and friends along with a strange urge to dance xD the dancing thing is the most interesting. I don't really like to dance. I don't get the feeling of fluidity I think other people do. But on inositol I feel that fluidity. I'll be doing ballet in my living room haha..... sounds kinda like mania.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I'm back on Keppra I have restarted the inositol treatment at 10g a day. Once again it is helping a lot! I believe Keppra can reduce inositol and since adding it makes me feel better, I would say the lowered inositol isn't part of the MOA for Keppra that makes me feel better. 

I am on day two of inositol treatment. I'll keep posting.

hydroxyzine is horrible stuff and shouldn't be taken with those who have hppd. I've heard too many bad reports.

12 hours ago, Onemorestep said:

Now that I'm back on Keppra I have restarted the inositol treatment at 10g a day. Once again it is helping a lot! I believe Keppra can reduce inositol and since adding it makes me feel better, I would say the lowered inositol isn't part of the MOA for Keppra that makes me feel better. 

I am on day two of inositol treatment. I'll keep posting.

hydroxyzine is horrible stuff and shouldn't be taken with those who have hppd. I've heard too many bad reports.

I'm not sure if it was the culprit or not. Everything from that time is a little fuzzy because it was so horrible but I do remember taking hydroxyzine for about 2 months.