Need medicine but scared to worsen my pre hppd

Austin

So I made a post a couple days ago and I was told I have pre hppd because I see visual snow but no visuals. I've been going through depression for awhile now and it's just been getting worse when I stopped smokeing weed about 5 weeks ago. Supposubly I have a chemical imbalce in my head, like the serotonin levels are way off giving me anxiety/depression/panic attacks. My mom and my aunt have been taking Prozac for 30+ years and they say I should start taking it to because it's genetic. Can that worsen my pre hppd and make me start seeing visuals and so on. Or is that if you already have it. The last thing I want to do is worsen it but I know I do need something to help my depression and anxiety. It's like I can almost feel the imbalance?. Please let me know if it can worsen my pre hppd to the real real deal. All I've been seeing is VS but only when I think about it. But it's def there. Thx and I hear a low pitch ring in my ear to when I'm laying in bed but it goes away when I stand up. 

Try Stephen Ilardi's book The Depression Cure if you want to treat depression (also works with anxiety) without meds. He also has a lecture on YouTube.

The chemical imbalance theory has been disproven since the 70s. Robert Whitaker talks about this in his book Anatomy of an Epidemic.

If you really think you need medication talk to a psychiatrist. Paxil made my hppd worse after I got off of it. I never saw black floaters before getting off of it.

Edited by Guest

Nooo !!! Don't start taking ssri's! I got visual snow, palinopsia, floaters ect from Prozac so do many other ppl and Themythos is right , the whole serotonin chemical imbalance theory is wrong . There are many research papers about it . I know ur mom ect seem fine but u already have vs ,taking something like ssri might make it worse in ur case and give u new visual symptoms.

These are the visual problems many have reported from using ssri's :

https://rxisk.org/keeping-an-eye-on-the-ball-visual-problems-on-ssris/ 

if this goes away and I ever get depressed for whatever reason I'm never gonna take ssri's or any new antidepressant that might come on the market !! 

Just wait for few months, if ur symptoms get worse try keppra or some other treatment others on this forum have recommend for hppd .

• Upvote 1

On 21/04/2017 at 2:05 AM, Austin said:

So I made a post a couple days ago and I was told I have pre hppd because I see visual snow but no visuals.

Actually, I said you have pre-hppd because you need to think about them before seeing them. Not because you only have VS.

As I said on the other thread... Your best bet is something like CBT to stop the obsessive thinking.

• Upvote 1

I think you should have full diagnostic testing done by a trained psychologist. I'm not going to diagnose you but you obviously have symptoms of an anxiety disorder with obsessive thinking and probably some depression. Like Jay said those can all be targeted with CBT. Also look into Mindfulness Based CBT for obsessive and ruminative thoughts.