Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yayoe10

Levels of HPPD

5 posts in this topic

So I've been curious since I've been trying to be more informed on my condition but what exactly is low HPPD, mild HPPD and full blown HPPD, since I keep seeing these terms everywhere I wanted to know the difference between each. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of the symptoms overlap but from what I gather the "levels" just depend on how severe your symptoms are. So if three people have afterimages, one has them for .5 seconds, the next for two seconds and the last person for five seconds then the last person has much worse afterimages than the other two. Same principle applies across the board, however those with "full blown" HPPD also have a lot more symptoms than someone with mild HPPD. In addition to standard snow, afterimages and halos, someone with really bad HPPD probably has DP-DR, head pressure, streamers, brain fog and so on. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, K.B.Fante said:

A lot of the symptoms overlap but from what I gather the "levels" just depend on how severe your symptoms are. So if three people have afterimages, one has them for .5 seconds, the next for two seconds and the last person for five seconds then the last person has much worse afterimages than the other two. Same principle applies across the board, however those with "full blown" HPPD also have a lot more symptoms than someone with mild HPPD. In addition to standard snow, afterimages and halos, someone with really bad HPPD probably has DP-DR, head pressure, streamers, brain fog and so on. 

Oh okay makes sense. I thought full blown was maybe different symptoms. Cause I suffer from DP/DR and head pressure and brain fog but I feel from reading others have worse level of HPPD. I thought maybe severe was like actually hallucinating and seeing things 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yayoe10 said:

Oh okay makes sense. I thought full blown was maybe different symptoms. Cause I suffer from DP/DR and head pressure and brain fog but I feel from reading others have worse level of HPPD. I thought maybe severe was like actually hallucinating and seeing things 

From what I gather HPPD has a pretty vast spectrum of both severity and number of symptoms. I know when I first got it I didn't necessarily outright hallucinate but if I stared at any sort of pattern for more than a few seconds I'd basically start seeing things within the patter and my vision would begin to twist and morph and essentially it was like I was still tripping on acid. After two years that symptom is gone yet I still have afterimages, trails, snow and DP, so it just goes to show how bad it can be for some people as opposed to others. We're all suffering though, so it's important not to diminish the pain of others just because you might have something worse off than they do. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K.B.Fante said:

From what I gather HPPD has a pretty vast spectrum of both severity and number of symptoms. I know when I first got it I didn't necessarily outright hallucinate but if I stared at any sort of pattern for more than a few seconds I'd basically start seeing things within the patter and my vision would begin to twist and morph and essentially it was like I was still tripping on acid. After two years that symptom is gone yet I still have afterimages, trails, snow and DP, so it just goes to show how bad it can be for some people as opposed to others. We're all suffering though, so it's important not to diminish the pain of others just because you might have something worse off than they do. 

Yea no I'm not diminishing anything , I just wanted to know if there was levels to this. Because I consider myself mild HPPD if anything , I see how much others have more intense symptoms . My worst symptom if anything is DP/DR, which has calmed down ALOT if anything 50% of how bad it use to be. To the point when it's super calm idk if I'm actually normal or just low DR, I just don't even remember what it's like to feel normal tbh 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0