cold turkey?

I posted something a few days ago about propranolol but thinking I won't take anything at all because I just hear soo many accounts of people  taking something but in the long run almost never helps. And in some cases just plan out makes things worse. The reason behind this is I found out a lot of this hypertension and anxiety/panic attacks I've had was from quitting weed and adjusting to this new reality. Soo two questions...can anyone else relate or is it just me? And second question is has anyone tried cold turkey and seen improvements with visuals like afterimages? 

My symptoms don't seem that bad compared to most..I have  afterimages, heavy snow, tinnitus, trails of lights, brain fog and lights seem to be very bright to where if someone stood in front of a light I can't make the details out only see a shaded figure.  I've only been having these symptoms for a month but already used to them to where I ain't freaking out and having panic attacks 24/7.. though not to say I don't have panic attacks just have them a lot less. Reason it don't seem too bad for me is because I've had snow and tinnitus since I can remember.. Though the snow is heavy compared to light and tinnitus  seems almost constant anymore. I'm also used to brain fog because I was smoking weed where I was staying high all day everyday. Only two things are new to me and that's afterimages and trails of lights. The afterimages are strong all the time but I only get trails of light when super tired or having a panic attack.  So all in all if wasn't for the strong afterimages and trails of light I'd feel like I was super high from weed.. lol would be perfect if the afterimages and trails of light went away because then I'd just feel high without having to smoke and never need to spend money on smoke again.. I joke around because I was smoking  3 ounces a month "$7000 a year". 

Surprisingly I also noticed HPPD is causing me to do tons of good. I stopped smoking weed, drinking pop/soda, cut down my cigarette consumption by half, doing more DIY projects, spending more time with family and friends and always wanting to go to work since I'm trying to distract my mind. It's weird to say this but HPPD is actually doing more good then bad for me at the moment.

Edited by mdc9910

Seems like most people with mild HPPD say the same thing, that their symptoms are just bad enough to make them reassess their life and ask themselves what's truly important without having to go through a full on mental breakdown as is the case with more severe cases. I never had a problem with drug addiction so I had no problem going cold turkey, but I can say that I highly recommend it both for healing from HPPD and for experiencing life in general. You'll get used to it pretty quick and realize how great life can be without any substances. Maybe try doing some outdoors stuff too. That's always when I feel at my best. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reassurance and driving my confidence up even more! I do think this is the best path for me. I'm 27 and always been on some type of drug since I was 10 years old whether prescribed or not. I think experience is telling me drugs won't help. But yup I agree with the outdoors I didn't mention it because it's still winter where I'm at and I get cold too easy.. But I'm getting ready for spring/summer.   

Edited by mdc9910