Always worsening...

Joeygeorgie88

Hi guys - I've wanted to join this forum for months. Looks like they've now resolved what issues were barring new users.

It was a very dodgy dose of MDMA and a filthy cannabis brownie that landed me with this crap, within a few months of each other back in the spring of 2015.

However, my case seems to be atypical for two reasons:

1. Excluding the horrid drug experiences themselves, I essentially "recovered" immediately, and have slowly been developing these HPPD problems ever since. I.e. from mild to severe, instead of severe to mild as in most cases, or a constant severe.

2. Leading on from that - I'm always worsening despite no drug use in nearly 2 years (and I only used 6 times). It's like a degenerative process was "triggered".

Can anyone else relate to this? Or my symptoms:

- every kind of dizziness you can imagine - disequilibrium, dissociation, dp/dr, brain fog, lightheadedness (the latter of which has led to a diagnosis of POTS)

- all the visual snow/light sensitivity/perceptual shite - no hallucinations (yet) but worrying things like eyes in headlights etc

- insomnia

- a recurrent feeling of being "high" on MDMA - for hours, days at a time, despite being sober. I can't be more specific than that - a "serotonin-esque" feeling all over my body. I suspect I'll start having seizures soon. A feeling that my brain is truly "on fire" as one psychiatrist put it. I can't consume any kind of stimulant - even a cup of tea - or exercise, or it just fires me up even more.

I've also seen two neuros, both of whom have heard of this, and they're both pretty clueless re: its process and any treatment.

I've tried to be brief. Any responses would be greatly appreciated - as I said, my case seems extremely atypical, and it's difficult for me to remain positive when things are always getting worse.......good wishes to all

Edited by Joeygeorgie88

It doesnt sounds good

Like mine case its develops slowly and change to healty life style is very important time is your friend 

Its hard buth slowly have to go througt hard time 

Excerise can make it worse buth only while or a short time after buth its noth bad the first thing to add to your recovery path is this 

Nothing beats a fit body this was my motivation in my journey

Hi JoeyGeorgie,

Welcome to the club brother! I know I can definitely relate to your symptoms. Sounds like you've got your ticket to enter the world of HPPD. You're case doesn't sound particularly abnormal though. Why do you think it is?

The good news is that it's not going to get worse and get worse forever. That may be the case for a short time but you'll balance out soon enough.

Obviously drug use is out of the question. Sounds like that isn't even an issue for you though. Caffeine (even in tea) also affects me in a bad way. I cut it out completely, which is hard depending on your culture, but it's definitely worth it. Exercise and healthy lifestyle stuff is a must. Exercise might give you some flare ups in the short-term, but in the long-term it's going to benefit your greatly.

Much love,

Dukkha

Hi dukkha

Thanks for your hearty response buddy.

I think my case is abnormal for the two reasons I mentioned - the way it's gone from mild to severe instead of vice versa, and that it's constantly worsening at all despite no further drug use. I think it's fair to say this is very unusual for hppd. Finally, although many talk of feeling as though they're still high as in tripping *visually*, I've heard very little talk of actual high bodily sensations, in the MDMA-esque way I refer to above. Or even dizziness for that matter.

I hope it does stop worsening as you suggest, but all I have to go by is the evidence - 18 months of a steady downhill slope! It doesn't exactly bode well.

How is it that caffeine affects you??

On 9-2-2017 at 7:15 PM, Joeygeorgie88 said:

Hi guys - I've wanted to join this forum for months. Looks like they've now resolved what issues were barring new users.

It was a very dodgy dose of MDMA and a filthy cannabis brownie that landed me with this crap, within a few months of each other back in the spring of 2015.

However, my case seems to be atypical for two reasons:

1. Excluding the horrid drug experiences themselves, I essentially "recovered" immediately, and have slowly been developing these HPPD problems ever since. I.e. from mild to severe, instead of severe to mild as in most cases, or a constant severe.

2. Leading on from that - I'm always worsening despite no drug use in nearly 2 years (and I only used 6 times). It's like a degenerative process was "triggered".

Can anyone else relate to this? Or my symptoms:

- every kind of dizziness you can imagine - disequilibrium, dissociation, dp/dr, brain fog, lightheadedness (the latter of which has led to a diagnosis of POTS)

- all the visual snow/light sensitivity/perceptual shite - no hallucinations (yet) but worrying things like eyes in headlights etc

- insomnia

- a recurrent feeling of being "high" on MDMA - for hours, days at a time, despite being sober. I can't be more specific than that - a "serotonin-esque" feeling all over my body. I suspect I'll start having seizures soon. A feeling that my brain is truly "on fire" as one psychiatrist put it. I can't consume any kind of stimulant - even a cup of tea - or exercise, or it just fires me up even more.

I've also seen two neuros, both of whom have heard of this, and they're both pretty clueless re: its process and any treatment.

I've tried to be brief. Any responses would be greatly appreciated - as I said, my case seems extremely atypical, and it's difficult for me to remain positive when things are always getting worse.......good wishes to all

Its look like going worse buth going up and down like waves in the beach once you reach the peak of your hppd

Is there a way to cure hppd ? Yes of course how much? Depends on your body and hard work.

1 stop feeding hppd by oberserving it 

2 stop having regret feelings

3 change to healty life style

4 puth a lot exercise in your life if its posible puth all your energy here first  

5 dont waste to much time to search how to cure, you can only help your self 

6 sometime things arent to difficult like we think the are

Point 4 wil help dealing a lot of your problems now your in begin in your hppd condition so how faster you take action how faster you can minimize your damage

Edited by umit
Adding more information