Hello, I think I got HPPD

fruitgun

Hello there,

2,5 months ago I took magic mushrooms. I only took them two times and both times low doses. However the second time was very awful and since then I am feeling anxious, have flashbacks, light hallucinations and well I feel "different".

Doctors gave me promethazine and melperone, but I only took promethazine out of those two. The last time I took promethazine I think it just made it worse. I am not sure if I should take melperone, the things I read about it don't sound so great.

I am having these problems only for 2,5 months but it is horrible and I had suicidal thoughts a couple of times. So I don't think I can manage this without meds. But doctors just say that I got adjustment disorder, I am not sure if they even know about HPPD. And waiting for an appointment with a new doctor can take months here.

So I don't really know what to do, I might get hands on some diazepam but of course I would not take it regularly.

Well until then I just try to take it as easy as possible.

I would get a 2nd opinion...., anti pysch meds are very strong and have a history of making hppd sufferers feel even worse.

As scary as it is right now, I would try to sit it out without meds.... Eat healthy, get excerising, go 100% clean (no alcohol, no smoking and obviously no drugs).... At this stage, you have a really good chance of recovery.

Some benzos for really tough moments might be a good idea, just be sensible with them.

Keep on fighting, Jay

3 hours ago, Jay1 said:

I would get a 2nd opinion...., anti pysch meds are very strong and have a history of making hppd sufferers feel even worse.

As scary as it is right now, I would try to sit it out without meds.... Eat healthy, get excerising, go 100% clean (no alcohol, no smoking and obviously no drugs).... At this stage, you have a really good chance of recovery.

Some benzos for really tough moments might be a good idea, just be sensible with them.

Keep on fighting, Jay

Thanks.

Yes I don't consume any alcohol, caffeine or drugs anymore. I also do sports but I should do more.

Smoking is a problem. I actually started smoking more since it broke out because it works as a stress reliever for me.

I might switch to e cigarettes but it does not really work so well.

Hey i've nothing great to say, but thought i'd say something. Hate to see anyone struggle. 

IF you are feeling suicidal please tell your parents, they will understand, everyone has at some point or someone who can just keep you going, don't give up your stronger than this.   

sounds lame, but it's the emotions of the situation, try if you can letting them out, helps to get rid of them, if you feel like crying, do it, no one ever says this but when you cry you poor with good emotions after it, if you can't don't worry, maybe a punch bag? I know none of this is magic. I know. But just focus on each day at a time right now. 

But most important keep talking, even if you have to ring a helpline at 3am or whatever, when no one is around to get you past the worst. Hang in there!  

RIDE THE STORM. Oh and listen to Jay. 

Sorry if this is bad advice, If you want message me for support, PM and i'll give you my email.

Edited by SleepyMistake