Had HPPD, relapse with weed, HPPD comes back even worse

funkhomage

Hello everyone. To give some context, I'm a freshman in college that has had weed occasionally over the last 2 years. Nowhere near the amount of my friends.

This year though, some friends and I've only tried LSD twice. The first time was 100ug, the second time (this November on Thanksgiving break) was 240ug. I had no problems after the first time. After the second time though, I was consumed with anxiety. I didn't have a proper comedown and basically had a really bad trip in the end. For about 3 weeks following this, I had visual static, starbursts when I closed my eyes, and noticing walls breathing/patterns moving. Little tiny floaters. One of the worst parts about this was the INCREDIBLY vivid dreams/nightmares I had. I had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. With all of these symptoms combined, I became a depressed anxious mess. Eventually, these symptoms subsided around 4 weeks later and my school's Winter break came along.

Feeling cocky and back on top of things, I decided to try weed again with my friends. I smoked 2 times and everything was fine. On New Years Eve, I had a very strong edible. During my high I could see the visual static coming back. Over the next week, ALL of my symptoms came back and the "after images" and static actually seems worse. I had my first nightmare again and for the last 2 weeks I've had vivid dreams/nightmares ever since. Not being able to sleep through the whole night.

Now I'm sitting here knowing full well that I was almost completely recovered in under a month and I screwed it all up for myself and made it worse. Last time I was feeling better within 4 weeks. Abstaining from everything (even caffeine), taking vitamins, going on walks, meditating. 

Since I didn't take LSD again and it was just weed, how can I expect my recovery to be now? How much did I just set myself back with weed? 

Hard to answer that question, but you recovered once before.. So I think it can happen again, probably take a similar amount of time, maybe less. Don't beat yourself up over it, this happens to most everyone on here.

Just make sure to learn from this set back.... Your brain/body is telling you that you are not built for drug taking, it's gonna be difficult saying no... But trust me, that difficulty is nothing compared to a life of madness that hppd brings.

There is plenty of fun still to be had... You can enjoy some beers, get laid, go travelling etc etc ... meditation/yoga if you feel a spiritual void is lacking when you stop the drugs. Hell, in a few years you might even be able to light up a mild joint without any problems.

Good luck, Jay

• Upvote 1