Do you think I have hppd?

hellogoodbye

Hello. I wanted some advice to see if what I am experiencing is HPPD. Little bit of background, I did lsd almost 2 years ago. I only did it once and I always feel like such an idiot for doing it. I didn't even want to, but all of my friends peer pressured me into doing it and after awhile I finally caved in. (Not friends with them anymore.) Anyway, that was in about March/April of 2015. I felt fine, didn't have any symptoms that I know of. A few months later I got on heavy medicine for arthritis and then I had wisdom teeth surgery and that's when I started feeling weird. (Just lazy mostly, and anxious) I asked my brother and he told me about hppd, I read the symptoms and I remember saying "no way I don't have any of that". Later in the year (while taking 2 medicines for my arthritis I developed a ringing in my ear, a symptom of the medicine). My medicine also made me never hungry and I lost 30 pounds in just a few months! (Went to docs and they just kept me on) So then later about February of 2016 my brother and I were talking and this topic came up. I began freaking out and couldn't believe I ever did a drug. I started seeing static vision after rereading the symptoms. Then I had the worse week of my life to date: two people I cared about died in less than a week apart. I was in school so I couldn't leave, but my family left for one of the funerals states away. I was all alone and my anxiety got to extreme levels. I couldn't eat, and I kept throwing up. I took myself to the doctor and my blood pressure was so high she immediately put me on anxiety medicine. After a week on it, my eyes seemed to have gotten more sensitive to light. If I was exposed to super bright light for a long time I saw kind of like circles going into the center. I immediately got off that medicine but this weird thing kept going for awhile. It can still sometimes happen if it's super bright or I'm very very stressed (plus brightness). This was a year later. 2016 was so bad for me because I really believe my anxiety started giving me symptoms. I got off one of the medicines and my eyes and ears felt so much better. However, it is still slightly there. (And I'm still on one of the medicines). My current symptoms are: static vision only when looking at weird patterns or darkness, light sensitivity (plus the weird circle thing which only happens when bright), and in certain lighting I will see like hand trails in my peripheral vision,  (I'm super pale, so only like with a dark background, not any colors, just like my skin tone) and eye floaters. However, I have asked my dad and he also has a hard time seeing certain patterns and a lot of people in my family see floaters. I also have always had bigger pupils and my eye doctor always has told me I had sensitive eyes. None of these symptoms started until a year after I took lsd and I had been on three different heavy medications. I feel a lot better today and the topic doesn't scare me as much, but do you think these lasting symptoms are from taking lsd once before? Or do you think it is because of the medicine I am on? (Which includes symptoms such as light sensitivity, dizziness, halos, blurry vision). Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to make sure I included all the details! Thank you in advance. Also any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

I think most people here would agree that if you have HPPD you'll definitely know it. There's tons of overlap between HPPD, depersonalization, stress and anxiety, Visual Snow Syndrome, hormonal imbalances and on down the line. All of these tend to have some aspect of visual distortion or disturbances as well. It's difficult to say whether it was the LSD or other circumstances that led to your problems but of course there's a chance the LSD could have played a role. The most important thing isn't what caused your problems but how well your doing now and the steps your taking to try and life a healthier lifestyle. As long as you do that you should be OK.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, K.B.Fante said:

I think most people here would agree that if you have HPPD you'll definitely know it. There's tons of overlap between HPPD, depersonalization, stress and anxiety, Visual Snow Syndrome, hormonal imbalances and on down the line. All of these tend to have some aspect of visual distortion or disturbances as well. It's difficult to say whether it was the LSD or other circumstances that led to your problems but of course there's a chance the LSD could have played a role. The most important thing isn't what caused your problems but how well your doing now and the steps your taking to try and life a healthier lifestyle. As long as you do that you should be OK.

Thank you for your reply. That's the thing, I have no idea if I actually have it and I do not experience depersonalization, only what I stated. I have read most people said to just give it time, so if that is what it is, that's just what I will do.