Need help with hypothalamus Support supplement

So recently I started doing some research into the hypothalamus because I believe it may hold some keys to some our our symptoms-- particularly those suffering from sleep and sexual side effects. The blend i bought has probably 70 ingredients in it and i was wondering if any of you have tried and had positive or negative reactions to them. I have two bottles; one contains all of the listed ingredients and the other contains just the first 13.

They are:

1) L-Serine

2) L-isoleucine

3) L-asparagine

4) L-cysteine

5) L-arganine

6) L-aspartic acid

7) L-leucine

8) L-glutamic acid

9) L-glutamine

10) L-taurine

11) L-glycine

12) L-lysine

13) L-phenylalanine

14) Blue-green algae

15) Dulse

16) Chlorella

17) Kelp

18) Spirulina

19) Amaranth Powder

20) Royal Jelly

21) Honey powder

22) Apple cider vinegar

23) Betaine anhydrous

24) Aloe vera leaf powder

25) Artichoke powder

26) Ashwagandha Root powder

27) Astralagus Powder

28) Banaba Leaf

29) Bayberry powder 

30) Beet root extract

31) Bilberry leaf powder

32) Black raddish root extract

33) Curcumin extract

34) Fennel seed powder 

35) Flax seed

36) Fo-ti root

37) Garlic extract powder

38) Ginger root extract

39) Gingko Biloba 4:1

40) Grape seed extract

41) Green tea extract 4:1

42) Hawthorn berry powder

43) Lemon peel powder

44) Licorice root

45) Maca root extract

46) Maitake Mushroom powder

47) Milk thistle extract

48) Olive leaf extract

49) P'au d'arco bark extract 

50) Pomegranite Powder

Digestive enzymes:

51) Amylase

52) Glucoamylase

53) Alpha-galactosidase

54) Cellulase

55) Protease

56) Phytase

57) Invertase

58) Lactase

59) Lipase

60) Bromelain

Probiotics:

61) Lactobacillus Acidophilus

62) Lactobacillus Casei

63) Lactobacillus Paracasei

64) Lactobacillus Plantarum

65) Lactobacillus Rhamnosus

66) Lactobacillus Lactis

67) Bifidobacterium Bifidum

68) Bifidobacterium Breve

69) Bifidobacterium Lactis

70) Bifidobacterium Longum

71) Fructooligosaccharides

Let me know what you think! I dont really care if something has been shown to do nothing... only if it will hurt me.

Sending positive vibes to you all.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks and I've been taking the recomemded 5g of the first 13 ingredients and 10g of all of them (some overlap there I guess). I can say this supplement blend has had a profound effect on my life! I sleep better, focus better, have more energy and am more emotionally stable. Definitely recommend it to all those who can afford. It's called Sacred Seven and Genisis Gold.

I've given it to one friend who has a mild case of HPPD. She had an immediate positive response saying to me "does this have dopamine in it? I feel really good!" (She doesn't know much about neuro haha)

I've tried a few of those and I eat quite a few of the ingredients as well (beets, garlic, ginger, etc.). There seems to be a lot of good stuff in there but from my experience more is not always better when it comes to supplements. Licorice root, for example, makes my symptoms worse while glutamine made me really mentally unstable for a few days.

Essentially what you have here is blend of really healthy supplements, bacteria, plants and amino acids that have all sorts of positive benifits. It therefore doesn't surprise me that you feel better since taking this. But again, a lot of people with HPPD are highly sensitive and many of these ingredients may be counter productive to those types. 

It's excellent this is working for you but you should be able to see similar results by eating healthy and living an active lifestyle. If you consume fermented foods you'll get all the good bacteria you need. If you eat olives, fish, pomegranates, turmeric, flax seeds and drink teas and apple cider vinegar you'll get all of these similar ingredients already in your diet. If you drink water almost exclusively, chew your food properly and don't drink too much with each meal then your own digestive enzymes are all you need to process your food. Essentially, if you become healthy you don't need all this other stuff in pill form. Also there are so many additional health benefits you can get from consuming whole foods that you can't by taking a powdered form of the same thing. 

I say all this because I started intensely on a palo diet and focused on eating whole foods, organic foods, fermented foods, etc., about four months ago and have seen a drastic improvement in my symptoms. When you give your body what it needs to heal it will follow its natural course and repair itself. This is what the body was meant to do. The problem is that our diets in the Western world are incredibly devoid of the proper nutrients our body requires in order to complete this process and so it therefore gets stuck in a sort of limbo where it can't heal because all its energy is being targeted at dealing with neutralizing all the crap we throw in our bodies every day like soda, greasy fast foods, gluten-heavy meals and sugary treats that wreck havoc on our stomachs and overall health. 

Again, this is great this is working. Anything that works for HPPD should be celebrated and considered by all. I'm just saying people should try eating healthy first and see what happens before moving on to pills, which in my opinion should be a last resort. 

• Upvote 1

I have to say I was a little bit nervous when I started it because I am one of those HPPDrs that is incredibly sensitive to most substances. I'm so sensitive its hard to explain to people why even a few sips of alcohol can send me into funks for weeks or why I have to look up ingredients on things so often to see if I'm going to have a reaction. The ginkgo and Ashwagandha in particular are things I have been sensitive to in the past. The only reason I think this is working is the combination of the ingredients. If i take either ginkgo or ashwagandha on their own, I feel some negative effects-- but not when combined with everything here. 

Now, if you have the time, money, and energy to integrate these substances into your life naturally I applaud you. For me, I needed something that would get me well enough so I could start helping myself. I'm at college right now and Its hard enough to find time to make a healthy dinner. So for me it's part convenience. 

Additionally, I do not believe that "pills" should be a last resort. Take thiamine cocarboxylase-- it seems to have helped a lot of people on this website. Myself included. But I've taken regular old thiamine before and it didn't have the profound effect. For those of us that have benefited, it seems we have some sort of thiamine diphosphokinase enzyme malfunction and aren't properly making our own. For us, the only way to get this crucial vitamin would be through supplementation. I also have to take methyl-folate because of a mthfr gene mutation. Sometimes just healthy living doesn't cut it. Inositol also comes to mind for me. That stuff really helps me, but theres nooo way I can get therapeutic doses of that through consuming food. I spent a full year just abstaining from everything but i do feel like I hit a kind of recovery wall where I was no longer getting better. I wasn't well enough though to live any semblance of a normal life though so I started to take some informed chances. Trying keppra was a big one and I was terrified but it has improved my life in ways I never thought possible.

So I still encourage some experimentation because they can at least provide some direction to focus on. Perhaps there are things in this mix that aren't doing me a service but i know some things are! I can look for foods high in these nutrients etc; start weeding things out. It can be an arduous road but can pay off.

But it never hurts to live healthy and people should start with that even if they also want to pursue other venues of healing. I'm sure if I continued to eat shit all the time like I used to I would feel bad, just as someone without hppd would. I appreciate the feedback and I love it when people give their thoughts on what has helped or hurt them so people can make informed choices on how to proceed with their recovery. This disorder really has no specific standardized treatment (hell for me klonopin makes my emotional state much worse and thats the gold standard for a lot of people) so all we can do is just put out was has helped and what hasn't for us as individuals and hope it will benefit others in some way.

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound so opinionated. I think everyone needs to figure out what works best for them and go from there. What I was trying to say is that this med has lots of really good, healthy stuff inside and that I totally understand why it would work -- but also that the reason this probably works is because what's inside is a lot of ingredients you'd find in a healthy diet, the type of diet we don't often get in the Western world. Additionally, those who have HPPD often have anxiety which depletes you of many basic vitamins and nutrient which is why we often feel better instantly when we take coenzyme B vitamins or magnesium or perhaps some of the ingredients in your supplement above. All I'm saying is if we all ate better it would go a long ways in addressing many of the problems we often try to fix through supplements alone and I think this particular product demonstrates that more than anything considering what's inside.